Dir Info Security Risk Mgmt
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by UMB Bank
What You'll Do:
This leadership role is responsible for directing the continued improvement and maturity of UMBs information security risk management capabilities, reporting to UMBs Chief Information Security Officer. This role will serve as a trusted, influential risk consultant and active participant in the ongoing administration of UMBs Information Security Program (Program) working directly with senior management to ensure sound technology governance and risk management practices throughout the Company. Through consistent demonstration of information security and technology risk management concepts and an understanding of UMBs technical environment and risk tolerances, this position will be responsible for oversight of the design, implementation, administration and enhancement of specific frameworks or processes used to identify, assess, manage and monitor information security risk.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serving as an advisor to management regarding information security and technology risk, regulation and best practices.
- Developing and implementing risk management policies, standards and procedures where necessary.
- Collaborating with fellow members of Corporate Information Security and Privacy to perform formal risk and gap assessments.
- Providing input to UMBs comprehensive information security strategy.
- Working with Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) management, providing risk management, and process and policy expertise.
- Monitoring and facilitating remediation of control vulnerabilities identified through risk assessments.
- Leading and motivating teams comprised of one or more associates or managers to perform the responsibilities above to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- Providing coaching and overall leadership and guidance to team members and department associates including providing quarterly and annual evaluation/feedback of assigned associates, as applicable.
- Participating actively in the departments management team and execute on strategic objectives in order to further progress the effectiveness of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Related certification / accreditation.
- 7+ years of direct experience in information security, information systems, IT audit or IT risk management
- 5+ years experience in management or leading cross functional teams
- 10+ years of direct experience in information security, information systems, IT audit or IT risk management
In this Role, You will Need:
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of information security and technology frameworks, best practices and regulation
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of cyber security and technology risks, processes, and controls
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and analytic skills, including the ability to perform data analysis to quantify and support conclusions.
- Demonstrates ability to persuade and influence management decisions to efficiently and effectively address risk.
- Demonstrates ability to translate technical requirements into business practice.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt and thrive in an evolving environment and potentially high stress environment.
- Demonstrates ability to manage a diverse team and multiple complex assignments, set and adjust priorities, and manage team assignments based on criticality, in a timely and professional manner
- Demonstrates ability to thrive in a team environment or work independently.
- Demonstrates ability to think and plan strategically yet comfortable with tactical tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present opinions in a clear and concise manner.
1010 Grand Blvd
Corporate Risk Services
We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you'll get:
Unique Benefit Programs : We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
Professional Development:We provide our associates with the tools they need to support their career goals - including training, tuition reimbursement and career guidance.
Community Involvement: Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
Culture of Diversity and Inclusion:We are committed to building a strong UMB by hiring talented, high-performing associates with diverse backgrounds. Maybe you simply want to work at a company where you have a voice and an opportunity to share your unique ideas.
Please visit us at careers.umb.com to view a list of all available opportunities. UMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only. No 3rd parties or agencies, please.