Sr. Manager, Global Treasury - Foreign Exchange
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Under Armour
The Sr. Manager, Global Treasury is responsible for all aspects of the Company's FX and interest rate risk management activities. Specific
include managing FX and interest risk for the global company, overseeing the daily and monthly execution of the Company's hedging strategy, coordinating cross-over functions between FX and global cash management, and analyzing strategies for structuring and raising debt in the capital markets. The Sr. Manager will also act as advisor and business partner to Business Units and Continents in the areas of FX and interest rates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, develop and manage the global execution of the Company hedging strategies to mitigate exposure to significant FX and Interest Rate risk, including:
- Overseeing balance sheet hedge program execution.
- Evaluating, recommending and executing cash flow and net investment hedge strategies.
- Monitoring interest rate risk, developing recommendations, and leading the execution of the strategy to manage risk within established guidelines.
- Partnering with various banking providers to evaluate and enhance existing hedging programs.
- Preparing monthly accounting reconciliations and ensuring compliance with applicable derivative regulatory requirements.
- Lead monthly FX hedge committee meetings with Senior
to gain alignment on hedging strategies and impact of existing hedge instruments.
- Forecast Other Income and the impact of Cash Flow hedges in line with Company forecasting calendar.
- Perform sensitivity analysis on budgets and forecasts due to movements in fx rates.
- Distribution of planning and accounting FX rates.
- Establish and maintain key banking relationships including negotiation of counterparty agreements such as ISDAs.
- Monitor and advise on counterparty credit risk throughout the organization.
role in analyzing and managing international cash flow/cash needs and investments as they relate to foreign currency funding and long term international capital structure decisions.
- Evaluate and recommend comprehensive strategies to structure and raise debt capital including long term cash forecasting and evaluating alternatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Knowledge of worldwide financial and capital markets, and tax, legal and accounting issues pertaining to derivatives and other capital markets tools strongly preferred.
- Understanding of generally accepted finance and accounting policies, principles and controls.
- Knowledge of banking software and treasury workstations preferred.
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and articulate ideas, financial results, and actionable recommendations.
- Responsive; able to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Able to make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
skills, willingness to "do what it takes" to get the job done-done-done, and commitment to challenging the status-quo to make things better.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and interface with all relevant internal teams and external business partners as needed.
- Ability to learn quickly in dynamic environment and to initiate and champion change.
- High integrity.
- Humble & Hungry.
Education and/or Experience
- 8+ years of Treasury experience at a large multinational company
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CTP preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills - including written and oral communication skills
- Experience with treasury workstation and SAP a plus
GET IT DONE - ACCOUNTABILITY
Delivers results and hits deadlines
Takes responsibility and ownership of role-related tasks
Acts in alignment with Brand values principles and code of conduct
FIND A BETTER WAY - CREATIVITY & INNOVATION
Generates new solutions that contribute to Brand evolution
Asks questions and challenges the status quo
Contributes to ta culture of creativity and idea generation
WIN TOGETHER - COLLABORATION
Works collaboratively with other teammates to hit goals
Builds working relationships with others cross-functionally
Acts in the best interest of the Brand, and others, versus self
THINK GLOBALLY - GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
Demonstrated understanding of cultural practices and global perspectives
Adapts behavior and solutions based on global trends.
MAP THE FUTURE - STRATEGIC VISION
Creates goals and action plans that align with UA overall strategic vision
Makes the connection between vision, team, goals, and individual goals
Communicates clear, specific and achievable objectives to others
BUILD A GREAT TEAM - BUILDING TALENT
Attracts, selects and develops the best talent
Creates opportunities to develop and mentor other teammates
Provides feedback and coaching on teammate performance and development
Motivates others through recognition and a shared sense of purpose
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.