Dir., Operations Apparel & Accessories
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Nike
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Put a Shirt On
What we wear is personal. But envy is universal. To make that unique thing, the clothing someone reaches for and thinks, "This is me" is a cool power to wield. If you care about clothes, about how it wears, broadcasts, and creates tidal waves of coveting, then you're our designer. Plus, you can wear what you want to work.
The Global Director of Apparel Operations will lead the operations strategy and initiatives to advance and implement tools, platforms and programs that drive operational excellence. The global director will implement apparel-centric solutions that assist in achieving business and people goals aligned with Converse product priorities. The global director will collaborate with Footwear, Design, Development and Merchandising business partners to define and measure business goals and metrics to drive success across the Apparel organization. They will collaborate and partner with enabling functions (Strategy, Finance, Go-To-Market) and the sales and commercial organization to prioritize and plan annual initiatives. This role will partner closely with the Sr. Director of Footwear Operations in order to provide a streamlined approach within the product organization.
This role reports directly to the VP of Global Apparel and Accessories.
- Lead game planning process and calendar, ensures critical dates and gates are met
- Develop new tools, platforms and programs to drive efficient, sustainable processes
- Drive the measurement and tracking process for KPI's and metrics
- Manage standards for tools, processes and labor optimization
- Lead the calendar, annual operating plans, and systems
- Collect feedback and monitor effectiveness and consistency of established programs
- Tell the story behind the data and inspire teams to activate the plan
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Strategy or related field
- 2 additional years of experience may be acceptable in lieu of degree level education
- 8+ years related experience within a consumer brand, retail or fashion sector
- Must have apparel experience
- Experience in the following areas: strategy, operations project management, business planning, supply chain, inventory management, budget
- Ability to network, collaborate and leverage internal and external resources
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence business partners and stakeholders
- Strong presentation capabilities with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills. Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of time
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.