Lead Android Engineer, NDE App Engineering
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Nike
Nike's Common Components group is looking for a thoughtful and determined Lead Android Engineer to help us create consumer software and services used by all of Nike's consumer mobile applications. If you've used a Nike app to get the latest updates, buy product, share your activity, check your account, or take advantage of a product offer, you've seen our work.
As a Lead Android Engineer you will work with Product and Design to scope and size stories; lead the breakdown of stories into technical design and implementation tasks; collaborate with other team leads to create cross-system designs; draft and lead the implementation of software architecture; exemplify how to write and review code; and act on data feedback to decide what to build next.
We are a highly agile group made up of small integrated product, design, and engineering teams. Our teams take features all the way from the drawing board to the consumer, partnering closely and continuously with a wide variety of hardware, software, and services teams.
If what we need doesn't exist, we make it: from new user interfaces, frameworks, and services, to new teams and ways of working. To succeed with us you should be open-minded, thoughtful, collaborative and, above all, determined to produce great work for a global audience. If that sounds like you, get in touch.
- Expert commissioner, author, and reviewer of software design proposals
- Expert author of Kotlin and Java code
- Inquiring and expert author and debugger of multi-threaded code
- Expert and skeptical debugger of end-to-end system issues
- Seasoned and pedagogical reviewer of code
- Leader in an agile environment
- Able to advise and motivate other team members
- Persuasive and thoughtful communicator