Assistant Gymnastics Director - Defiance
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by YMCA
Join a thriving program with a competitive team doing both YMCA and USAG meets.
YMCA Defiance Area YMCA
Location Defiance, OH
The Assistant Gymnastics Director will work closely with the Director of program Development. The typical Assistant Gymnastics Director spends approximately 75% of their time coaching, with the balance of their time devoted to day-to-day operations and building a top-notch team of individuals who are 100% committed to providing outstanding programming and customer service. The Assistant Gymnastics Director will provide direct leadership in coaching gymnasts ages 2-18. They will assist in all aspects of planning and preparation for the Gymstars competitive program (Level 2-9 and Xcel). Our program has multiple state, regional and national champions and prides itself on bringing out the best in every athlete in a positive atmosphere. The relationships you build here will last a lifetime.
Bachelor's Degree in related field
Minimum age of 21
- Relate well with children, parents and team members, having superior communication skills.
- Background in fitness (athletics, sports, dance, cheer, gymnastics exercise science, kinesiology or related field)
- Background in child development, physical education and gymnastics preferred.
- Well organized with foresight and attention to detail.
- Weekday and weekend availability
- Know and understand the YMCA philosophy and program
- Knowledge of USAG requirements and routines
- Oversee daily operations of the gym
- Communicate information correctly and professionally to parents
- Assist the Director of Program Development in the training and managing of instructors and maintaining and building student enrollment
- Conduct great classes while ensuring that all classes are high energy and fun
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Program Development
- Defiance YMCA Gymstar Gymnastics is looking for a fun, energetic qualified gymnastics team coach to join our program! Responsibilities include: coaching 5-6 days a week, having a flexible schedule with working evenings, traveling to meets, working well with athletes, being a team player and helping with administration duties.
- Work experience required: At least 2 years working with a competitive gymnastics team. Must have knowledge of USAG requirements and routines.
- USAG member or equivalent
- Within 30 days: CPR/AED, First Aid, safety certification, safe sport or YMCA equivalent, Lindsay's Law
Apply by Email
Resumes Accepted Until 7/20/2018