Global Cyber Security Eng - Threat Defense
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Under Armour
The Global Cyber security engineer is responsible for helping the team in the detection, disruption, and the eradication of threats to the Under Armour corporate, retail and eComm environments. The security engineer will proactively identify threats, conduct threat intelligence research and decisively mitigate risk to the UA environment using detect/response capabilities. Additionally, the engineer will assist with continuously improving our global threat detections, adjust threat defenses and identify changes to Under Armor's threat landscape. The security engineer will also build integrations between detection, logging and response tools, as well as bring to bear automation and feedback loop methodologies between platforms to enable faster detections and automated responses.
- Apply threat Intelligence from OSINT and industry partners to enable threat hunting operations and improve detection capabilities.
- Monitor network, log and endpoint solutions to quickly identify true positives and work with other team members to remediate incidents.
- Hands on experience with writing and implementing complex analytic queries and threat visualization dashboards
- Build out automation and orchestration capabilities where applicable to scale detections and response
- 5+ years of cyber security experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK Framework, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls and OWASP Top 10.
- Working knowledge of popular Endpoint, Network and Email Defense Tools
- Working knowledge of popular SIEM Tools
- Detailed knowledge of behavior-based analytics and detection systems
- Detailed knowledge of log management, security analytics and event management platforms.
- Programming experience in Python/Powershell/Bash for automation and integration.
- Strong relationships in the security industry.
- Completion of at least one of the following: GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GSEC, OSCP
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or work-related discipline from an accredited college or university. Equivalent experience considered.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.