Posted on Nov 22, 2018 by National Football League
Our ideal candidate must have 3+ years of experience developing applications from the ground up. Applications will control graphics on our real-time render engine (VizRT) as well as interface with various data sources. Additionally, the RTS Programmer will engage with stakeholders to offer optimal solutions and support for our systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with the various departments including Real-Time Systems, Graphics, Operations, IT, Production, Engineering, and outside vendors to identify application requirements and needs.
- Develop custom control software for the VizRT graphics system from the ground up. Custom applications are written in Visual Studio C#.
- Add functionality to current applications.
- Create and manage VB scripts to interface various data sources with templates in Trio (VizRT).
- Work with IT/Engineering to make sure all custom software gets necessary network permissions to function properly and that necessary hardware is loaned with proper installations.
- Provide technical, application, and data support for live shows and events.
- Documentation and diagraming of technical layout and networking using Microsoft Vizio.
- Must have proven problem-solving abilities and ability to troubleshoot various hardware and software issues.
- Ability to train graphics operators in use of applications.
- PC familiarity using Microsoft Windows 7/10
- Knowledge of computer software, hardware, and networks
- Proficiency in Visual Studio in either the C# or VB environment. C# preferred.
- Visual Basic Script knowledge
- MSSQL Server database administration knowledge.
- Knowledge of T-SQL language as well as experience in creating Stored procedures
- Web development experience in either .NET or node.js is required.
- Experience working with APIs and Web Service in either JSON or XML (JSON preferred)
- Social Media API experience (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat)
- Front-end and back-end development experience
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Onsite work at our Culver City office
- Willingness to travel anywhere from 3 to 10 days at a time, primarily during the NFL offseason
- Prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Basic programming experience, and/or web knowledge is required.
- Ability to control expectations within Live television's unmovable deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure, and deliver projects on time is critical.
- Experience in a broadcast environment is a plus.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and build upon existing software.
- C+ experience along with prior experience using the Unreal gaming engine is helpful.
- Schedule must be flexible as sometimes long hours and weekends are required.
- Manage time efficiently and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks/projects/situations at one time.
- Criminal background check is required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- 3+ Years of experience developing applications
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Ability to create and manage own schedule to meet deadlines
- A team player that works directly with various departments as well as RTS Producers and Artists
National Football League