Programming Coord, Digital Media Programming
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by ESPN
The Programming Coordinator, Digital Media Programming will be responsible for the daily scheduling and execution of ESPN's 10,000 event multi-sport direct-to-consumer offering, ESPN+. In this role, the Coordinator will support the Digital Media Programming team on the day-to-day scheduling and management of the ESPN DTC offering, and will work across ESPN and Disney business units to support the sustained growth in the ESPN+ subscriber base. The Coordinator will support all content related planning, operational and technical related processes, be responsible for daily QA of the product and liaise with counterparts at DSS.
The Programming Coordinator contributes to the strategic scheduling of content across all ESPN networks and digital platforms to maximize viewership, value and revenue.
The Programming Coordinator, Digital Media Programming reports directly to the Director, Digital Media Programming and Acquisitions, Direct-to-Consumer.
- Manage the scheduling and maintenance of ESPN+'s 10,000 event DTC schedule, and support all key points in the operational workflow
- Works with Digital Media Programming direct-to-consumer management to assist in strategic scheduling, quality control, acquisitions, and all preparation work
- Primary handling of Content Scheduler for the Direct-to-Consumer networks
- Handles scheduling and database management work for assigned networks/platforms, notably ESPN+
- Responsible for daily communication with DSS (formerly BAMTech) on the operations and execution of ESPN+ content schedule
- Help facilitate internal collaboration with multiple departments including Transmission, Technology, Content Rights, Affiliate, Finance, Legal, Product and Marketing for all ESPN+ related activity
- Ensure timely and effective communication of programming information to all other ESPN departments and DSS, and external partners
- Prepare internal and external presentations in support of the ESPN+ business
- QA the ESPN+ product and content offering on all platforms, and supply feedback
- Tracks market research, trends and news for the Digital Media Programming team
- Works as a member of the Programming Department at large to contribute to the overall scheduling strategy for the company across platforms. Proactively contribute innovative ideas to continue to grow our businesses
- Minimum two years of experience in a professional work setting
- Strong overall sports knowledge
- Proficient computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office suite
- Practiced user of social media and new media platforms
- General knowledge of the sports media industry
- Strong communication skills; highly organized and efficient person
- Motivated to work in a complex and high energy environment
- Two years of experience in the sports media industry, new media, television programming and/or sports league/team/college conference environment
- Strong working knowledge of ESPN's digital platforms, as well as knowledge of Content Scheduler and/or AIS
- General familiarity with reading and comprehending legal contracts
- General familiarity with media and footage rights
- Basic knowledge and passion for emerging competitive digital video products and platforms
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, business, sports management or a related field.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.