Principal Software Engineer, Roku
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by MLB Advanced Media
Reports to: Senior Director, Software Engineering
Location: Boulder, CO
The Connected Devices team at Major League Baseball is searching for new members at our Boulder, Colorado office. We are looking for experienced Software Engineers who are excited to work on the applications and platforms our fans love.
As the Principal Software Engineer for the Roku platform initiatives, your primary Responsibilities will be to ensure clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment, mentor developers, provide code reviews and act as a leading voice for platform development.
In this role, you will employ a solid knowledge of the Roku ecosystem as we refine an existing code base and look ahead to new and exciting product initiatives.
- Work closely with technical project managers, product groups, fellow engineers and MLB engineering leadership
- Contribute to a collaborative culture among all team members
- Provide guidance as the broader team continues to identify efficiencies and new strategies
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (Requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert, identifying Requirements of the Roku platform as we deploy enhancements across all devices
- Directly engage in an established Roku partnership on a consistent basis, acting as a key representative for MLB
- Join a world class team that is helping to shape the way fans interact with baseball
- 10-15 years of software development experience
- 5 years developing products on Roku devices
- Extensive exposure to ABR video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH)
- Deep knowledge of BrightScript
- Deep knowledge of Screen Graph
- Advanced knowledge of analytics
- Experience with advertising networks and their relationship to Roku delivery
- Experience using version control systems such as Github
- Experience with cloud-based tools and technologies
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Significant experience working within an Agile environment (referencing user stories, participating in sprints, daily scrums and retrospectives)
- Excellent communication skills
I f this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!