Manager, Supply Chain BI
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
This position manages a large team focused on bringing the Supply Chain Analytics through to a world class analytics solution. Employ superior leadership skills to maintain and develop the team and cultivate a partnership approach with the Columbia Sportswear business leadership across all these legacy systems.
- Provide effective communication and partnership with Senior Leadership, Project Sponsors, and multiple Steering Committees.
- Manage and coordinate closely the prioritization and scope of all streams of work.
- Oversee integrated project management plans, manage deadlines and dependencies across concurrent approved project initiatives, and coordinate project team activities.
- Define and agree on deliverables and milestones of approved projects and changes.
- Set and control scope of multiple approved projects and support.
- Monitor change management and avert negative consequences.
- Communicate status and vision to client management and stakeholders.
- Project estimation skills and experience, and the ability to then work with other resource managers to identify appropriate resources and manage their integration into the team.
- Overall team management, including regular evaluations of all staff.
- Management of business analysts, engineers, developers, and other technical resources with many resources being contract in nature.
- Ability to manage contracts with companies providing the resources for the projects.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current business processes and applications throughout the supply chain and the data needed to support world class analytics and decision making.
- Create effective partnerships with other business and technology managers.
- Direct the teams to achieve goals within available resources and budgets. Organize workloads and staff assignments; train and motivate staff; review progress and direct changes as needed.
- Work closely with all business partners to ensure their satisfaction with support.
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 8+ years of progressively increasing Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and IS Leadership and Management experience in a complex global environment
- Experience leading multiple Business Analyst, Engineers, and Developers with most or all being filled with assigned contract resources.
- Strong understanding of demand management, inventory planning, distribution, logistics and sales & operations planning
- Knowledge of Apparel and Footwear supply chain business processes sufficient to be credible and influential with senior management and vendors.
- Be a strong leader, manager and organizer; employ a participative style that emphasizes team building; possess strong communication skills and the ability to attract flexible associates who enthusiastically "partner" with others as projects dictate.
- Be proactive, results-oriented, possess outstanding follow-up skills, possess a strong work ethic, a high sense of urgency, and have the drive necessary to be successful in a dynamic, high performance environment.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills and attention to detail required.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age