Data & Governance Analysis Lead
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world's most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
The Governance & Quality team is looking for a Data & Governance Analysis lead to join the team at NIKE's WHQ in Beaverton, Oregon. The Governance & Quality team is responsible for delivering Operational & Data Governance services to the Global HR organization in support of our mission, To serve and engage employees in a way that drives clarity and simplicity so that they can focus on their lives and work . The team consists of consultants & analysts that provide their functional team partners with Operations Management consulting for process documentation, standards development, success metric development, quality management, and operations controls. In addition, this group acts in a Governance role supporting HR Master Data globally spanning term definition, data use, quality metrics & management, intake & oversight of new master data creation.
Roles and Responsibilities of this Data & Governance Analysis Lead include:
- Lead Core HR governance & quality efforts supporting both business operations and data governance.
- Lead HR-wide data governance activities, including supporting the creation of strategic priorities & road map for development of information-based capabilities.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and Business and Functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality, privacy, and protection to meet overall business needs.
- Responsible for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets, in partnership with other Nike organizations as applicable.
- Serves as a point of escalation for governance of data quality and protection.
- Consult as expert regarding HR data flow including upstream and downstream data flows and processes.
- Responsible for adherence to data privacy related to HR data including records retention, records management, and overall data lifecycle management.
- Responsible for HR data committees including Wage Types and general Data Governance.
- Serve as a liaison between COEs and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Liaison with HR PMO/Portfolio to ensure data & operations governance practices followed for all HR initiatives.
- Ensure adherance to Nike's enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices.
- Responsible for development and management of performance and quality metrics to ensure compliance with operations & data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities and adoption requirements.
- Develop and maintain HR Data Dictionary, to include accurate metadata and term alignment.
- Lead Business/Governance Analysts. Provide people leadership. Participate in activities such as work planning, process development, resource optimization, employee goal setting, coaching, hiring decisions, and performance monitoring. Trains or mentors staff.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience.
- 5 years in a lead role, with organization change or transformation leadership experience.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management