Principal Business Architect
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
The Business Architecture team will partner and engage with business and technology leaders across all the business functions within the enterprise in planning, creating, and maintaining a capability model that is aligned to the overall company and functional strategies to ensure that the people, process, data insights/information, and technology opportunities are accurately captured and planned for short, medium and long-term execution.
As a Principal Business Architect, you will be part of a highly visible, strategic team focused on aligning strategic objectives with tactical demands. You will deliver a blueprint of the enterprise that provides a common understanding of the capabilities required to run the business.
This role will engage, collaborate and partner with various functional business leaders, technical leaders and executive stakeholders to understand long and short-term business strategies, assess current & target capability maturity as input into prioritization and investment decisions, provide thought leadership and engage in proactive business capability planning to enable our strategic business priorities, intended business outcomes and values. This role will also be responsible for helping to establish the practice of Business Architecture within Nike and will bring broad experiences in driving quality & consistency across business architecture methodology and deliverables enterprise wide.
- Drives and facilitates the right discussions with business leaders to identify business capabilities in relation to current and future business objectives
- Create and maintain business capability, data, process and technology inventories. Work with multiple capability and functional teams to gather and document the structure of Nike's business and technology landscape.
- Lead, build, manage, enhance business capability model along maturity / optimization framework to drive enablement of the longer-term roadmap
- Partner in the strategic planning process by providing input to the scope definition of strategic initiatives leveraging capabilities, creating capability Heatmaps to provide visibility to impacts, dependencies, overlaps and opportunities. Key Deliverables include (but not limited to): Capability Model, Capability Heatmaps, Capability Maturity Assessments, Capability Impact Assessments, Capability Health Assessments & Capability Roadmaps
- Works closely with Domain architects and leaders to develop domain roadmaps
- Works closely with solution/technical architects to deliver business architecture artifacts needed for End to End Architecture & Solution Architecture Approach deliverables
- Presents recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
- Advocate and drive adoption of "best practices" to ensure standardization of business architecture outputs across the enterprise
- Takes an active role in enterprise portfolio investment strategies by assessing and rationalizing proposed enterprise capabilities
- Business thinking and highly strategic in order to define practical solutions that align with corporate strategy
- Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation
- 5+ years of experience in performing the responsibilities of business architecture, capability management, business capability roadmap creation
- 3+ years as lead business architect preferred
- Large enterprise experience
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Strong facilitation skills and experience in managing senior stakeholder relationship, partnership and interactions
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate strategic business strategy, capability and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Current knowledge of industry best practices for business architecture
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced business environment with the ability to adapt to change
- Strong leadership, confidence, and influencing skills. High level of executive presence.
- Strong understanding of Agile driven development, Product model & bias towards action