Digital Program Manager
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
The NXT Digital Innovation team provides a competitive advantage to our creation teams by fueling product innovation and craft. To accomplish this, we leverage the power of modern technologies, skills and services.
As we look at the future of design and innovation, new ways of leveraging digital technology and processes will be integral to the future maker. We are seeking a Digital Program Manager with a strong technical and creative aptitude, and proven experience managing digital production of software and applications. This individual should be able to create systems out of a chaotic process. The Digital Program Manager will lead product proof of concept and pilots, help gather and organize feedback and performance metrics, and establish the groundwork for product transition. The role will report to the Group Program Director and focus on managing digital innovation projects.
As a Digital Program Manager, you will be required to utilize core project management, communication, presentation and creative problem solving skills to drive and deliver projects of the highest level of quality that ultimately create great product. Success is defined not only as on time and on budget, but partnering with the core team as well as other teams within Nike to discuss and define needs, document and meet business requirements in a way that demonstrates creativity, a high-level of quality and, most importantly, resulting in great products.
In addition to mastery of fundamental project management skills, the Digital Program Manager will exhibit the desire to:
- Take initiative
- Challenge the team
- Lead in constant change
- Think creatively
- Drive the idea
- Guide internal and external partners to create world-class products and services.
- Execute and manage pilots to help prove plausibility of technology innovation, including managing project scope, requirements and success metrics.
- Work with cross functional teams across the business, and manage multiple projects across multiple seasons, and multiple platforms.
- Drive product/application development from kickoff through to delivery.
- Maintain all project documentation and specifications for your projects, including schedules, and presentation materials
- Identify issues and mitigate quickly, with a strong sense of diplomacy
- Create systems and organization out of a chaotic process
- Ability to be flexible under pressure
- Able to clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Experience managing and facilitating collaboration among diverse skill sets, including designers, technologists and marketers
- Ability to learn and consolidate highly complex concepts, processes and ideas, and synthesize them into materials to help communicate these ideas in a digestible and simplified manner.
- Experience in a digital innovation and/or rapid prototyping environment is a strong plus
- Effective presentation and communication skills as evidenced by ability to develop presentations and speak to large audiences including executives
- Experience with contracts, including review and negotiation of Statements of Work
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and provide project management expertise, and to manage multiple projects at once.