Senior It Business Consultant-Warehouse Management
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have, to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Tech brings together technology and process expertise to create value for the consumer. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology capabilities that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize consumer value, and drive profitable business growth.
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Warehouse Management space, join Nike's Technology Global Fulfillment and Logistic Solution (GFLS) organization. We are a fast pace organization that is always looking and moving forward to ensure we delivery high quality solutions to meet our ever-changing customer needs. We are responsible for delivering high end-to-end quality software releases to the Enterprise, on time and quicker than before. Working in our organization is rewarding and challenging, and like no other job you have had before.
You will leverage your knowledge of Warehouse Management processes and systems to define functional solutions across Nike's global landscape. You will configure, test and deploy WMS solutions as part of a Product Team.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Designing and socializing technology solutions to support warehousing processes
- Leverage knowledge of Manhattan WMOS Product to deliver solutions to Business using configuration
- Analyze problems in distribution center to provide technology solution that affect the bottom line of Nike
- Resolving issues related to the implementation of a new WMS including user support during project test phases
- Stewarding the global template in all WMS activities, encouraging and governing the use and adherence to the Nike defined warehousing processes and related technology solutions
- Engaging with other internal programs to implement new supply chain capabilities into the Global WM footprint and deliver enhancements
- As a senior Warehouse Management Quality Automation expert, your role on the team will include advice and lead our Vendors in delivering quality product using test automation.
- Engaging with the other WM quality automation experts globally to ensure we follow a similar test strategy - process and tools.
- Ensure our strategy is within the guidelines of our Global QM COE and where needed work with them to make changes where needed
What we're looking for:
- Passion for technology and supply chain processes
- Ability to interpret internal and external business issues and recommend best practices
- Ability to solve complex problems and take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Ability to deliver quality solutions with measurable benefits
- Ability to explain difficult concepts and influence others to adopt a different point of view
- Ability to anticipate customer needs; assess requirements and identify new solutions
- Collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for being the liaison between the business, technology and support teams
- Passion for Agile methodology of working
- Flexibility to be a T-Shaped resource and learn new skills
- Ability to self-learn Nike process and systems given access to right tools
- Ability to work on a global team with resources physically located in other geographies
- Passionate to win as a team
- Ability to adapt communication style across cultures
- Experience driving and delivering test automation
- SAP knowledge and experience would be a plus
- Experience in Continues Integration tools like Jenkins, XL Release, GitHub
- Experience working in cloud environments, preferably AWS or Azure.
- Delivering strategic quality assurance/management initiatives and innovations
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 6 years' experience in IT, business or a related field.
- Experience of working on Agile Product teams
- Must have experience with Distribution Centers and Warehouse Management Systems, experience with Manhattan WMoS is preferred. (v2016+ is highly preferred).
- Basic knowledge of system integration concepts.
- Lead and manage the day to day Delivery of testing
- Experience in Test Automation -
- GUI Test Automation Framework development experience using Selenium or similar Open Source Tools
- Closely work with a team of Manual and Automated testers and ensure that the tasks are completed on time with top notch Quality
- Build & Release Automation development experience using Ant, Maven etc. would be added advantage
- Sustain the various ongoing activities and processes of testing team like - Updating Test Cases to the Repository, Automation and Continuous Integration, Adherence to QA processes and checklist etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise and easy-to-read functional specifications.
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how technology can support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals.
- Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Flexible, ability to deal with ambiguity, and a demonstrated desire for continuous personal growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams.
Vanguard Cleaning - Portland