Apparel Materials Developer
Posted on Nov 30, 2018 by Puma North America Inc.
For 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Help support the apparel materials team in the development of the 2020 Olympics at PUMA's downtown Boston office.
- Initiate & follow up on performance and lifestyle material developments (fabrics & trims) under consideration of requirements set by product management and design
- Work to consolidate and educate the product team regarding the material toolbox and global consolidation
- Ensure that the material concepts are continuously assessed to support the category/market needs and the overall cost-engineering of the products
- Ensure that quality standards are met in regards to suitable fabric & trim applications on garments and puma requirements for fabrics and trims
- Work with overseas offices as a colorist for fabrics and trims running through the Boston office
- Research into new technologies, seasonal trends and competition analysis
- Liase with suppliers and Puma sourcing organizations
- Establish and maintain a close relationship with apparel development, product management, design, sourcing and external partners/suppliers
- Support development, product management and design with technical and commercial expertise on fabrics and trims
- Manage internal material library for fabrics and trims
- Ensure internal systems are up to date with correct product specifications
- Ensure that international and regional seasonal timelines are met
- Participating in collection-related meetings as needed, such as design, fabric and accessories meetings, meeting with manufacturers and fitting meetings
- $30-40 hourly wage
- 6 month temporary assignment
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a textile or apparel related field
- Strong knowledge of fabric constructions, yarn and fiber types, and international testing standards
- Excellent eye for color
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a busy office environment
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages at the same time
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: