Applications Developer 3
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Vista Outdoor
Responsibilities and Qualifications
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Applications Developer is responsible for designing, implementing, modifying, troubleshooting, testing, and debugging Microsoft Dynamics AX software product using X++ programming language. Excellent communication skills are necessary to be successful in this role. You must be able to collaborate with varying levels of technical understanding. You must be able to adapt in a very fast paced ever changing environment. This position will train Microsoft AX
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, information technology or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years working with an object oriented development language
- Working knowledge of programming methodologies, structures, and concepts
- 2 years in X++,C++ C#, .Net framework, XML
- Experience using ALM tools such as Microsoft TFS
- Working knowledge of database design and SQL (Query Language)
- Thorough understanding of various SDLC methods.
- Problem solving and issue resolution skills.
- Embraces and drives cultural changes through continuous improvement & learning.
- Proven track record of delivering results on time with strong customer focus.
- Travel to other company locations as needed.
- Responsible for hands-on designing, implementing, modifying, troubleshooting, testing, and debugging Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 ERP software product using X++ programming language.
- Experience in providing technical estimates for all applicable Development phases.
- Demonstrated experience with performance tuning of customized code and monitoring practices to ensure on-going performance
- Demonstrate the ability to work systematically and logically to analyze situations, resolve problems, identify causes and anticipate implications.
- Experience working on a development team that successfully implemented large-scale system and project implementations.
- Participate in peer code reviews. Participate in design meetings and interact with peer developers to work towards a common solution.
- Interface with Microsoft and 3rd party vendors for installation and technical support as needed.
- Break down functional requirements into technical designs, development tasks and execute to completion.
- Collaborate with IT team members to expand Dynamics AX knowledge, improve consistency and methodologies that enable a high quality delivery process. Utilize best practices and documentation tools to ensure code quality and long term maintainability.
- Ability to prioritize work and spend time on the most important, business identified concerns.
- Maintain regular contact with internal customers to anticipate, identify and respond to their needs and expectations.
- Work independently and/or with team members to resolve escalated support tickets.
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced business environment
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
An Application Developer III is expected to have an in-depth understanding of applications and significant technical expertise. They have detailed knowledge of other IT disciplines and practical functional business knowledge. The level III provides solutions to challenging problems which may require ingenuity and innovation. They are capable of working with minimal supervision and develop plans from business case documentation. The Application Developer III provides solutions that impact the business at a project level and is able to represent their function with interactions among senior technical personnel.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled