High End Separator - Tampa
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
High End Separation Artist
The primary responsibility of this position is to prepare print ready art from creative concepts utilizing all available screen print separation tools, software, and techniques. This will include modifying artwork as needed to ensure prints are successful from both Sample Department and Screen Print Production Floor. Additionally, this position creates master art files from creative concepts effectively communicating concepts into production-ready art.
- Conducts screen print art separations of creative concepts with accuracy and knowledge of printing, separating techniques, and creative artist intent for the graphic. Checks job for correct code, style, color, division, and size, creating paper separations for Q.C. review.
- Creates job masters accurately documenting each step needed to take the creative concept through the production art process.
- Maintains an advance knowledge and understanding of screen print process and techniques. Checks work for accuracy and procedure compliance.
- Translates graphics to producible art. This involves determining the correct ink colors, ink styles, and the outcome of combining the different styles and colors of ink. Must also determine which screen mesh is required to allow for more creative control over artwork and to save time and money.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 3 - 5
- Associate degree or higher from a technical college or similar
- Proficient with MAC computers
- Excellent Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Microsoft, Excel, Word, Vue Rite, and Tee Separations
- Must be a positive team player and follow through on assignments
- Strong problem solving skills required to work through problems relating to artwork
- Strong attention to detail especially regarding overall composition, color, and typography
- Fast paced environment
- May be required to work extended hours to meet deadlines
- Previous production art experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Must be able to talk, listen, and communicate both written and verbally
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods, daily
- Sustained hand-eye coordination; long periods of viewing computer screens
- Repetitive motion of wrists and hands