Sr Software Engineer, Android
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Under Armour
We're a small team and you'll get to focus on big, meaningful technical challenges. We're looking for someone who will make an outsized impact. You should be interested in taking on as much responsibility as possible and be able to handle tasks independently. We want someone who's a great collaborator and will enjoy working with the team as we push the app in new and exciting directions.
At MyFitnessPal, you will...
- Build Android experiences - phones, tablets, and any other device running Android.
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire engineering organization.
- Collaborate with the Product, Design, and QA teams during feature development
- Rapidly iterate on product and platform features.
We are looking for someone that...
- Has a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Has an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture, including unit testing and integration testing
- Is proficient in Java and at least one other high-level language
- Has built at least one cloud-based app for Android
- Understands and utilizes Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Enjoys the challenge of building a highly scalable, performant consumer mobile applications
- Ideally, has built apps for multiple mobile platforms
- Ideally, has built backend services supporting mobile or web clients
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Writes clean, elegant, readable, testable, and well-documented code
- An awareness of privacy and security by design principles is a plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.