Club Manager - Full Time - Vacaville
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Planet Fitness
TheClub Managerwill be responsible for the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience as well as a financially successful club. This position will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee training and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Staff Management
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
- Ensurestaff is providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF's values and goals.
- Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee payroll.
- Resolve employee issues or concerns.
- Manage progressive discipline and termination as needed.
- Lead by example with involvement in all front desk related activities.
- Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service to ensure that everyone feels welcome!
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system, tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates or events to members and guests.
- Facilitate all member requests and help to resolve any member issues and questions.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
- Ensure the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Participate in regular facility cleaning and club upkeep such as mopping up spills, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors and re-racking weights.
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property by determining when equipment or facilities are in need of repair and communicating to Facilities Maintenance team in a timely manner.
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Make daily bank deposits.
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Corporate HR and Payroll Team.
- Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Provide backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Other duties as assigned based on club needs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, have a high school diploma/GED equivalent and have a passion for fitness and health.
- One to three years of experience in a management role preferred.
- A valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Suite) and the ability to learn systems quickly.
- Strong leadership, team building and coaching skills.
- Direct experience managing customer focused teams in the fitness or similar industry.
- Exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- A hard working, enthusiastic and energetic management style!
- Organization, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionallylift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
In-Shape Health Clubs
In-Shape Health Clubs
Puma North America Inc.