Portfolio Dir Marketplace Analytics
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
Nike's Marketplace Analytics team focuses on the commercial performance of the marketplace across all channels and categories, supporting a wide array of stakeholders by delivering insights, driving the creation of automated, self-service reporting, and using advanced analytics to identify opportunities to impact the business through optimization, testing and forecasting.
As the Marketplace Analytics Portfolio Director, you'll support the Marketplace Analytics squadsin managing the quarterly business planning process, ensuring that investments are correctly aligned against critical priorities, manage resources that drive cross-functional portfolio delivery across the team, and help our teams understand the value we bring throughout the year. In addition, you'll independently lead cross-functional special project teams in support of leadership to help identify and evaluate critical strategic priorities and/or strategic problems, and to catalyze action against these priorities through strategic and long-range business planning and performance management.
You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker, and outstanding communicator who is comfortable learning quickly and connecting the dots between complicated market dynamics. You will need those skills as you work across multiple functions and geographies within Nike's matrixed organization. Success will depend on your ability to quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and drive to rigorous, actionable, user-friendly deliverables.
Overall, we are looking for someone who is passionate about analytics and the value it can create within the organization, somebody with strong business acumen and strategic vision and an ability to translate that vision into day to day execution. The candidate should be self-driven, proactive and must show the capacity to manage several concurrent tracks of work. Superb teamwork skills are essential as is the ability to communicate complicated ideas and conclusions in simple business terms.
- Bachelor / Master degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or a related field
- 7 years+ professional experience in a large multi-national company, within Business planning, IT, Retail or a related field.
- Experience with analysis of portfolio deliverables against key business metrics - linking capability delivery with strategic objectives, within an Agile setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience, interest, and adaptability to working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts to senior and business audiences.
- Familiarity with Nike product types and how they are marketed and distributed across channels is preferred.