Regional Human Resources Mgr - Area
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by In-Shape Health Clubs
The Regional HR Manager (RHRM) is responsible for policies and procedures that cover performance management, succession planning, employee relations, terminations, leaves of absence, recruiting, payroll and benefits. Builds partnerships with management in their region and identifies strategic human capital solutions that support the current and future needs of the business. The RHRM is responsible for all employee relations for their region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports company initiatives and Human Resources strategies to enhance department and organization reputation .
- Identifies and provides resources to ensure employees and managers needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides guidance and consultation to management in the resolution of staff complaints, performance coaching and counseling as well as the administration of progressive discipline
- Strong understanding of state, federal wage and hour laws, as well as, EEO, FMLA, CFRA and PDL laws and regulations.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings. A nd recommending appropriate course of action/resolution.
- Provides guidance and updates on any recruiting, new hiring practices, laws and regulations.
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others: assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Conduct exit interviews and share insight to appropriate internal team members.
- Partner with all levels of staff and management in a fast-paced environment.
- Recommends improvements to HR policies, procedures, benefits and training programs, etc.
- Acts as liaison in representing the company in dealings with federal and state agencies supporting employment goals.
- Develops and leads management training for new managers.
- Maintains confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Works harmoniously and cooperatively with peers.
- Assist with leadership to surface opportunities in work processes.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or Business Degree
- 5 years Human Resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation/platform skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-directed performance improvement professional that determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Strong ability to coach, influence, present, communicate, and problem solve.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office product; specifically WORD, Excel, and PowerPoint. Professional level of confidentiality in handling employee information.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Exempt
- Complimentary Club Membership
- Elective Health/Dental/Vision Insurance with company contribution
- 401K Retirement Plan after 6 months of continuous Full-Time Employment
- Paid Personal Time Off (PTO) and sick pay, according to company guidelines and based on tenure
In-Shape Health Clubs
Contra Costa Medical Career College