Posted on Dec 4, 2018 by Electric Power Systems
Job ID 2
St. Louis, MO
Category Transformer Technician
Transformer Technician | Entry Level | CDL Truck Driver
Electric Power Systems is a NETA Certified, Independent Electrical Testing & Engineering Organization. We specialize in commissioning, start up, and maintenance testing for Utility, Industrial, Transit, Data Centers, and Commercial Facilities. At Electric Power Systems, we are committed to promoting a culture of safety within our organization and along side all of our clients. Our dedication to providing safe and reliable services has made us a trusted industry leader since 1977.
Responsible for assembly and repair of large power transformers and operation of oil processing equipment at utility and industrial locations. Candidate must be mechanically inclined and have a strong interest in learning and developing skills surrounding the electrical industry.
• Assemble and repair high voltage power transformers.
• Operate oil processing equipment for transformer vacuum filling and oil processing.
• Maintain oil processing equipment in mechanical working order.
• Transport oil processing equipment, generators, trailers to customer locations
• Assist in coordinating substation services with technicians, electricians and project manager.
• Travel to different customer sites/locations.
• Oversee equipment performance and insure proper function.
• Provide reporting on equipment gauge monitoring and daily progress/activities.
• Excellent work ethic.
• Live within 60 miles of St Louis, MO
• Hands on, mechanical background.
• Clean, neat and professional appearance.
• Driver's license
• Ability to overcome job specific, on site issues, think quickly and provide solutions.
• Basic computer skills - Microsoft Word, Excel
• Willingness to travel 75% of the time. No restrictions on flying to job locations.
• DOT medical physical required
• High School diploma or equivalent
Desired Qualifications/Certifications (NOT required)
• Commercial Driver License (CDL) - Class A combination with air brake endorsement.
• Basic knowledge of electrical systems and transformers
• OSHA 10 hour class
• Man-lift, Fork-lift, Crane Operator certification.
• Previous work experience with contractor.
• Previous experience in traveling position.
• Current DOT medical card
• 2 year degree/certificate in electrical/mechanical study is a plus, but not necessary.
• 75% travel REQUIRED
• 15% overtime on average
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
• Hand Tools, Computer, Oil Processing Equipment, Safety Gear, Cell phone, Man lift, Forklift.
EPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.