Software Engineering Manager
Posted on Jun 8, 2022 by Elwood Technologies
Software Engineering Manager
At the cutting edge of financial technology, Elwood is spearheading the convergence of traditional finance and digital assets. Through our single integrated platform, we make crypto accessible to institutions and other investment professionals, with seamless market access to the world's leading crypto trading and liquidity venues.
We believe it's time for digital assets to take their rightful place in the world of professional investment. If you like the sound of driving change, making a meaningful impact, and having an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of finance, we want to hear from you.
Excellence is a mindset. Elwood employees strive to be the best version of themselves and expect the same from others. If you're passionate about performance, thrive off collaborating with a talented team, and have the tenacity to succeed, Elwood could be the place for you.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will support a team of engineers who are solving some of the most challenging technical problems at Elwood and are key to helping us realise our mission of delivering an institutional-grade digital asset trading platform.
A hard-working data-driven overachiever, you will be accountable for technical and delivery outcomes and focus on helping to create autonomous, high-performing squads and to foster an environment where decisions are delegated and can be made and communicated effectively.
- As a Software Engineering Manager, you'll work with order leaders to set the strategic direction of the team and contribute to engineering-wide initiatives.
- Share subject matter expertise and help shape the future direction of the function
- Build new services to meet critical product and business needs
- Support, mentor and develop high-performing engineers
- Work with fellow engineering managers and support a high-performing team that consistently delivers high-impact and high-quality work
- Collaborate with engineers and product teams within Elwood to inform our future roadmap and regularly capture feedback on how we can improve our platform
- Foster a high bar for engineering excellence within your teams
- Coach and develop engineers throughout their careers with regular 1:1s and continuous feedback
- Recruit great engineers
- Keep abreast of industry trends
- Contribute to your team's strategy and help set a long-term roadmap. You'll also help with defining, planning, and driving large-scale programmes of work from start to finish
- Experience as a Software Engineering Manager, preferably with trading systems and software management experience
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility with a hunger for success
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in planning and leading the implementation of Technology Solutions
- Understanding what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- Strong interpersonal skills, you value teamwork and collaboration and know when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help
- Excellent programming skills and experience
- Ability to handle software infrastructure management & configuration management
- A computer science degree or similar discipline
- 2-6 years of experience in using project or release management tool
- An expert understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication
- Excellent analytical skills and structured thinking
- Experience in coordinating cross-functional work teams up to task completion
- Passion - As a Software Engineering Manager, you are passionate about performance and strive for perfection in your engineering initiatives and shaping company strategy.
- Respect - As part of a diverse team, you have deep cultural empathy and respect for fellow workers, clients, partners, and Elwood's regulatory obligations.
- Teamwork & Communication - You understand the importance of teamwork and fostering an environment that empowers every individual on your team to produce their best work.
- Tenacity - You know that defining team strategy and setting a long-term roadmap takes hard work and persistence and you bring both these qualities to table every day.
- Trust & Transparency - You share your knowledge with the rest of the team and understand when to let people work through problems and when to intervene.
- Excellence - Excellence is a mindset and you strive to be the best version of yourself and expect the same from others.
- Join one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies and help shape the future of finance
- An exciting "startup" vibe with deep financial backing and a strong market presence
- Work with a modern technology stack and help solve high-impact problems
- Collaborate with a strong client-focused team from a diverse range of backgrounds
- A global company with offices in New York, Singapore, London, and Geneva
- Competitive compensation package
- A hybrid model of working in the office and working from home
- The chance to produce the most important work of your career