Senior Technical Writer
Posted on Jun 8, 2022 by Elwood Technologies
Senior Technical Writer
At the cutting edge of financial technology, Elwood is spearheading the convergence of traditional finance and digital assets. Through our single integrated platform, we make crypto accessible to institutions and other investment professionals, with seamless market access to the world's leading crypto trading and liquidity venues.
We believe it's time for digital assets to take their rightful place in the world of professional investment. If you like the sound of driving change, making a meaningful impact, and having an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of finance, we want to hear from you.
Excellence is a mindset. Elwood employees strive to be the best version of themselves and expect the same from others. If you're passionate about performance, thrive off of collaborating with a talented team, and have the tenacity to succeed, Elwood could be the place for you. We're currently seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join our growing Product Team.
As our Senior Technical Writer, you'll be contributing to our company's API documentation and API management, supporting the workflow requirements of our London office while working closely with the Sales and Engineering teams.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of excellence in their field. As an overachiever, you know that second place isn't an option, and you constantly strive to achieve the best results. If you're interested in pursuing a career in the exciting world of digital assets, come and join our Product team.
- Lead and own Elwood's Product and API documentation strategy and align with Elwood's overall vision and corporate strategy
- Write high-quality documentation such as API documentation, technical/architecture documentation, user guides, FAQs, and technical support docs for key aspects of the Elwood XMS solution
- Proactively identify gaps in the documentation or knowledge base articles
- Work with product managers and other subject matter experts across Elwood in a collaborative editing environment
- Engage with customers and collaborate with third parties and partners as required to get feedback on Elwood products and services
- Lead the efforts in creating an Elwood Developer Portal containing API documentation as well as API key management
- Gather customer requirements and articulate appropriate technical and non-technical solutions
- Proactively create and drive impactful changes across support workflows, policies, and tools
- Provide feedback to the product team on how our products might be made easier to use
- Knowledge of the financial services/trading industry
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth fast-paced organisation
- Able to create new processes and external-facing documentation
- Knowledge of the crypto industry (desirable)
- Proficient in HTML, Cloud, API technologies
- An understanding of compliance with all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures
- Experience working on software documentation ideally in the FinTech and crypto industries
- Motivation to succeed and deliver results in line with expectations
- Experience working with broadly used APIs aimed at developers
- Experience in using and understanding developer portals
- Ability to work under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Effective communicator with strong emotional intelligence
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage tasks effectively
- Ability to understand challenging problems, find solutions, and drive process improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills, you value teamwork and collaboration
- Passion - As our Senior Technical Writer, you are passionate about performance and strive for perfection through high-quality documentation and establishing efficient processes.
- Respect - As part of a diverse team, you have deep cultural empathy and respect for fellow workers, clients, partners, and Elwood's regulatory obligations.
- Teamwork & Communication - You understand the importance of celebrating successes as a team and go out of your way to ensure effective communication.
- Tenacity - You know that building a strong library of technical documentation takes hard work and persistence and you bring both these qualities to table every day.
- Trust & Transparency - You share your knowledge with the rest of the team and aren't afraid to ask questions to improve your work.
- Excellence - Excellence is a mindset and you strive to be the best version of yourself and expect the same from others.
- Join one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies and help shape the future of finance
- An exciting "startup" vibe with deep financial backing and a strong market presence
- Work with a modern technology stack and help solve high-impact problems
- Collaborate with a strong client-focused team from a diverse range of backgrounds
- A global company with offices in New York, Singapore, London, and Geneva
- Competitive compensation package
- A hybrid model of working in the office and working from home
- The chance to produce the most important work of your career