Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Under Armour
The Sr. Paralegalwill support business units and the Commercial Legal Team in connection with contracts throughout the contract lifecycle, including pre-contract engagement, internal approvals, intake, template selection, negotiation, revision, execution and post-execution management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently support Commercial Legal Team attorneys, Enterprise Procurement and business teams in connection with the contracting process, including preparation, review and negotiation of routine contracts.
- Under attorney supervision, serve as advisor in assessing contracts and providing issue resolution.
- Liaise with other members of the Legal Team in connection with contract terms and relationships as necessary.
- Working with Contracts Management Team, maintain library of contract templates and database of executed contracts, utilize contract management platform and support implementation of optimization solutions.
- Review, understand and advise legal and business teammates on factual elements of contracts.
- Assist in communicating and training business teams on relevant processes and procedures relating to procurement and general contracting initiatives.
- Analyze contract trends; draft, review and recommend updates to contract terms and conditions to ensure alignment to current business needs, policy demands and legal trends.
- Works independently delivering on routine but progressively more non-routine work, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines in a timely manner and meets deadlines appropriately.
- Performs a diverse range of tasks/transactions related to common programs and services by directly applying expanded knowledge obtained from the role in increasingly more complex situations.
- Supports and promotes change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Superior analytic, writing and editing skills
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with strong attention to detail
- Track record of successfully completing independent and collaborative projects accurately and on time
- Highly organized with strong problem solving skills
- Prior experience gathering, analyzing summarizing complex information from multiple sources
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage expectations
- Willingness to take initiative within the purview of the position
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, service multiple clients and adapt to and manage changing work streams
- Self-starter with strong work and teamwork ethic and ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Customer service mindset
- Strong organizational skills and business acumen
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal savvy, good judgement and sense of humor
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- SAP Contract Management Platform (Ariba)
- Adobe EchoSign / DocuSign
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university or an Associates' degree with related work experience
- Paralegal or Contracts Management Certificate a major plus
- 5 years of contracts management and/or paralegal experience in commercial transactions, contract administration and lifecycle management.
- In-house or government contracting experience
- Experience working on technology contracts (e.g., development, hosting, software license and SaaS agreements) and/or IP transactions (e.g., trademark licenses, product distribution agreements) a plus
- Experience identifying vendor/service provider data privacy/security concerns and addressing such issues in contracts a plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.