Accounting Mgr, Sports Marketing And Licensing
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
With an aggressive long-term growth strategy, NIKE is counting on our Global Finance organization to thrive in its mission: to drive and deliver value to every NIKE shareholder. Our Controlling function is at the heart of this mission through maintaining strong internal controls, providing timely, accurate, and relevant information to internal and external stakeholders, and ultimately delivering expert business partnership to drive profitable growth.
To elevate our game, NIKE Controlling is in the midst of a multi-year transformation to design and implement our platform of the future. We are centralizing our function globally to drive a shared strategic agenda, along with evolving into a scalable, process-focused organization with a continuous improvement mindset. And we're seeking world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey. We are looking for influencers and collaborators who can champion and embrace change as we evolve; talent with deep finance acumen to help build our blueprint for the future. Do you have what it takes to build a Controlling legacy at NIKE?
As the Accounting Manager, Sports Marketing & Licensing, you will be responsible for executing various accounting functions and improving global accounting policies, processes and controls to drive and deliver shareholder value. You'll also be a key representative for various business units on business initiatives and changes to transaction streams impacting accounting processes, controls, systems and reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owns and is accountable for the financial statement balances, disclosures, and process governance and controls related to endorsements, licensing and related accounts
- Owns and influences Global Accounting Policy and technical accounting decisions within the Endorsements, Royalties, Licensing and related accounts
- Performs technical accounting review of significant sports marketing contracts, including considerations around contract accounting, prepaid expenses, endorsements, royalties and licensing in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Accounting Policy
- Designs and deploys global processes and controls to support NIKE's accounting for sports marketing related expenditures
- Maintains and drives continuous LEAN improvement, while collaborating with others, on owned processes to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness; defines and drives execution of best practices
- Owns and engages with transition management team on adapting applicable process, policy and tool changes globally
- Accountable to ensure all financial statement assertions are met via processes and controls, with respect to various business unit financial results; works with respective process/account owners and legal entity owners to understand the make-up of the financial results
- Participate in the review of monthly, quarterly and annual operational results with business leadership; continuously add value and be a credible and trusted business partner
- Influence and develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers of the business
- Work closely with and advise cross-functional leadership teams on technical accounting, process and control considerations as they execute on business strategies; partner with finance planning counterparts to improve forecast accuracy and influence informed business decisions from a technical accounting, process and control perspective
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- CPA required
- 6+ years experience with Big 4 Public Accounting firm and/or corporate accounting with significant exposure to technical issue identification and resolution and process improvement
- Experience with accounting for licensing & royalties is a plus
- Ability to identify research and resolve accounting issues. Experience in implementing change in policies and procedures preferred
- Experience with international transactions in a large, multinational consumer products company is a plus
- Strong project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills, with ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a wide and diverse audience.
- Have the ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships across multiple teams, functions, and organizational layers within a large corporation
- Transformative, process oriented and forward-thinking mindset
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation