Junior Web Developer
Posted on Jun 8, 2022 by Wessex Learning Trust
The growth of the Wessex Learning Trust has provided an exciting opportunity for a Web Developer to join our Trust central team based at the Kings of Wessex Academy, Cheddar. The purpose of the role is work closely with staff across our schools to design, develop, and maintain professional websites; ensuring a consistent corporate image and the implementation of proactive security and debugging practices, in addition to supporting the Kings of Wessex IT team.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, so as to ensure all stakeholders are satisfied with the post-holder's performance.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box to find solutions to complex problems that are not only creative but efficient.
• Enviable attention to detail in all aspects of IT and general presentation of one's work.
• Flair and creativity in the IT field, with empathy, understanding and support for team members who are less experienced in IT.
• Fluency in one or more programming languages - e.g. HTML, PHP, SQL and My SQL.
• Knowledge of Digital Media Production and Graphic Design.
• Ability to write well designed, testable, efficient code, utilising the best software development practices.
• Ability to create website layout/user interfaces using standard HTML/CSS practices.
What we can offer:
• Professional induction, training and continued professional development opportunities
• Staff benefits including reduced leisure centre membership and cycle to work scheme
• A staff assistance programme with specialist provider, CareFirst who provide a 24/7 free phone helpline,
or face-to-face counselling for every employee in the Wessex family
• Exciting opportunities as part of a growing multi-academy Trust
• Eligible for Local Government Pension Scheme
• 29 days holiday per year in addition to public holidays
Closing Date: 9th June 2022 at 8am
Interview Date: w/c 13th June 2022
To apply for this position, please send us your Covering Letter and CV by clicking the Apply Now button below. Applications should be made to the attention of Mr Gavin Ball (Chief Executive) and Mr Chris Oakley (Trust IT Manager), kindly detailing your experience, impact to date and why you are the best candidate for this position.
The Wessex Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding young people and promoting the welfare of children, and all staff appointed will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.