Merchandise Mgr, Key Sport Team Athlete
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what's next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
As a Los Angeles Sport Team Athlete Merchant, you will be accountable for developing and implementing a city-specific, cross-category, profitable and relevant assortment strategy for key city accounts and doors in the LA DMA. You will be responsible for leading all seasonal pre-planning (E2E Line Planning and consumer insights) thru KAPM activities to drive growth and profitability. You will deliver an integrated, yet differentiated consumer experience across channels in LA focused on the Sneaker Obsessed consumer.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Deliver seasonal consumer and product insights to NA Merchandising 4x a year.
- Drive a strong point of view on the needs of the LA Sport Team Athlete/YA consumer and the LA marketplace into NA merchandising teams.
- Work cross functionally between sales, planning, and merchandising partners to assort, plan and scale across accounts and channels with strong seasonal plans for key city accounts and destinations.
- Lead segmentation and differentiation across key accounts/doors in partnership with NA Merchandising.
- Ensure the brand and category vision comes to life in each space for the consumer by delivering a seamless and premium consumer journey across all doors.
- Lead key cultural, sport and consumer moments product briefs for LA
- Manage the NA Merchandising seasonal calendar and all seasonal deliverables adhering to the Consumer Code.
- Responsible for seasonal deliverable logistics including systems work, edited offerings, marketplace mapping for Sneaker Obsessed, hind sighting, and KAPM presentations.
- Own and influence seasonal assortment strategies for key city doors.
- Lead the decision rights with regards to City level assortments; working in partnership with Strategic, Territory, and Category Specialty accounts.
- Align with LA Brand Marketing to ensure product launches align with key city events and investments.
- Drive consumer lead product briefs for key cultural, sport and consumer moments.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
- At least 5 years' experience in merchandising, product creation, and or retail, in a vertical or wholesale environment
- A keen understanding of the Nike consumer and Los Angeles marketplace
- Footwear, apparel and/or equipment merchandising experience
- Proficiency in retail and profit based metrics
- An ability to employ retail acumen and proven storytelling capabilities
- Strong teamwork and communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- An ability to respond with speed and agility
- Knowledge and understanding of product development, marketing, merchandising and product commercialization.
- Strong Keynote, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and presentation skills.
- Candidate must be willing to travel 10-20% of the time