Sr Android Engineer (Remote)
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Bleacher Report
We are the social voice of sports - creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive app Team Stream. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through
As a division of Turner, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant startup culture. We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment (those who do not want to work nights and weekends need not apply). You'll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks.
What you'll do...
- You will build and release new features for the Bleacher Report app using Java.
- You will work closely with product managers to understand requirements and come up with solutions.
- You will provide technical leadership on Android projects, solving project wide issues and delivering work on the project timeline.
- You will produce high-quality software that is well-designed, maintainable, unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- You will release app updates monthly.
- You will work closely with a top-notch engineering team.
Experience you need...
- 7+ years of software development experience, primarily on Android.
- Proven experience in shipping high-quality applications on the Google Play Store.
- High proficiency in Java.
- Deep understanding of mobile development lifecycle, specific technologies and submission guidelines and processes.
- Disciplined approach to software development, Test Driven Development, and Agile methodology.
- Ability to work on features independently.
- Aggressive at refactoring/rewriting old code for efficiency and scalability.
Experience we appreciate...
- Contributions to the open source community.
- Experience with RxJava, Realm and/or Kotlin.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Worked on a consumer app released on the Google Play Store.
Benefits and perks include…
Bleacher Report offers a fast-paced, energetic and agile environment that genuinely values and promotes each person's unique talents. We combine the agility of a startup environment with the stability and benefits only a company backed by Turner Broadcasting can bring.
- Competitive salary
- Variable bonuses based on individual and company performance
- $5,000 annual conference budget
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan with matching
- Life Insurance and AD&D, LTD
- Transit stipends
- Subsidized gym memberships
- The latest technology and equipment you need
- Fully-stocked snack and coffee bar with a variety of food and beverages
- Awesome team events year-round, in and out of the office