Spring Training Internship - 2019
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Ripken Baseball, Inc.
Join our team as a Tournament Operations Intern, where we are 'Building Excellence One Player at a Time.'
As a successful Intern, you will be responsible for assisting with all phases of Spring Training tournament operations at the Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach, SC. This internship comes with housing for out-of-area interns, and we will also be happy to work with your school to help you get required college credits for your successful completion of the program.
As our Tournament Operations Intern, you will:
- Assist the staff with the execution of our College and HS Spring Training at a world-class facility.
- Serve as a Tournament Official - PA Announcing games, serving as a rules consultant, and providing customer service to our guests at a designated field.
- Assist in the Big-League Grill, helping prepare food, serve food, and running a cash register.
- Perform basic grounds crew duties such as field work, filling water coolers, and clean-up duties.
- Convey and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times while providing extraordinary external and internal customer service
- Absorb training and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by the Ripken name and brand.
- Work with staff to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently while providing a once-in-a-lifetime experience for participants.
This is the perfect spring internship for a rising college junior or senior who has an interest in sports administration and operations, working for a reputable sports-focused company!
- Prior work experience in customer service environment
- Prior Baseball experience
- An outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and high-energy
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to work from February-April. Work Schedule will vary, nights and weekends will be required.
A passion for sports, working toward an educationally-focused college degree
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States