Sr Product Designer
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Bleacher Report
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Product Designer role on the product design team owns the complete process from definition to launch for our mobile apps, websites, and internal tools. You identify goals/problems and employ a broad set of design tools (e.g. Sketch, Framer, HTML/CSS) to best solve and communicate. You will also assume a leadership role by providing regular, direct and impactful feedback in critiques and in-person, additionally engaging individual designers in adjacent product teams to help them grow their skills and design toolkit.
- Demonstrates expertise of layout, typography and visual hierarchy
- Creates consistent, scalable design solutions across all platforms
- Responsible for delivering wireframes, user flows, user testing, low-fidelity designs, high-fidelity designs, specs, assets.
- Creates designs for multiple contexts and devices
- Partners with PMs and engineers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Leads sprints from Discovery to engineering handoff.
- Plans, executes, and synthesizes takeaways from user research to improve the product.
- Guides the critique from others, ensuring feedback is constructive and actionable.
- Evangelizes best design practices to other Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers.
- Plans and leads brainstorming sessions.
- Proactively schedules design critiques to get feedback on work.
- Leverages prototyping as a way to demonstrate complex flows.
- Executes end to end research from planning studies to synthesizing results.
- Provides QA feedback to engineers for designs in development.
- Ability to work autonomously to meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Embodies high standards and thoughtful design
- Shares work early and often and encourages peers to seek out constructive feedback from their manager, stakeholders, team
- Begins every project by defining what qualitative and quantitative data will be important in their work.
- Fosters a highly-collaborative design process and, as a result, is trusted by their team to talk through both scope and technical challenges and negotiate thoughtful outcomes.
- Participates in cross-discipline initiatives, bringing a design voice to the conversation and building trust between the design team and other disciplines.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, whether in one-on-one or group situations.
- Communicates complex ideas, goals and problems in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project.
- Assumes a leadership role on the Product Design team. Is held accountable for design quality and cohesion across their own and adjacent product teams, and flags quality concerns to the responsible designers and design managers.
- Strong design portfolio highlighting critical thinking and problem solving
- 6-9+ years professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Design or related field preferred
- Experience working closely with Product Managers and Engineering teams
- Proficiency with all current UI and UX patterns on iOS, Android, and the web
- High-level understanding of product strategy and vision
- Comfortable employing qualitative and quantitative methods for user research
- Proficient using at least one prototyping tool
- Well-versed in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Comfortable working with 3rd party integrations and APIs
- Ability to create presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the digital landscape in media, design and technology
- In tune with contemporary design, internet and youth culture trends
- A knowledge and love of sports and sports culture a plus
- Candidate must be based in, or willing to relocate to San Francisco
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.