Global Merch Mgr, Pinnacle/Incubate
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Be a Product of Rad Society
We've got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That's you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone's bag, on someone's feet. You're a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
Become a Part of the CONVERSE Team
Converse does more than create the most iconic and well-loved sneakers in the world. Born in sports and celebrated by culture, it is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it's about each person bringing their authentic self, skills and passion to serve the daring spirit of youth.
For Converse merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Converse Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. They blend art with science to bring Converse's category vision to life in all retail environments from stores to online. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what's next and deliver the right products, in the right places at the right time and price.
Global Pinnacle & Incubate Merchandising Manager supports the Global Pinnacle & Incubate Director to create and execute assortment plans, direction and strategy focused on the Converse trailblazer consumer to position Converse at the heart of the youth culture. This team will focus on Pinnacle and boutique distribution to ensure a holistic, premium, and segmented and curated marketplace. Global Merchants are responsible for driving the brand vision market wide and working with geography partners across the integrated marketplace to drive stories, moments and strategically seed the right product in the right place with the right partners. Pinnacle and Incubate acts as the heart of street culture across the global product categories and functions as well as the bridge from brand to marketplace.
The ideal candidate has deep passion of the street culture (streetwear and fashion) and understands the trends of today and tomorrow.
This individual must be able to drive a point of view for footwear, apparel and accessories across all genders that supports the category's strategic view and delivers results.
They will need think creatively, solution oriented in the spirit to recognize new business opportunities and communicate their ideas.
They will also support the speed to market via trend and commercial opportunities through the go to market management of quick response projects, energy capsule (scalable) collections for top Key Account partners (both retail and digital) as well as special make ups (SMU's) for key Pinnacle Retailers. Other responsivities include supporting and executing the global vision within the different Geographies and ensure a smooth go to market process across the integrated marketplace and key cities.
- Support, execute, and communicate the Incubate and Brand assortment strategy, leading with the Key Pinnacle Partners and Converse.com
- Drive and Execute global allocation and liquidation plans by Geography, Tier, Account, and Project in partnership with Global Sale, demand planning, and Brand.
- Create and implement a lifecycle strategy to ensure a seed to scale product offering
- Collaborate and contribute in driving key Brand and Icon stories through integrating defining items, product flow and launch moments, icon plans, and launch moments
- Facilitate and stimulate cross functional alignment, direction and communication to global and geography teams
- Partner with the Global Marketing and Product teams to deliver premium merchandising/sell-in tools to the geography teams
- Own and closely maintain the seasonal global incubate launch calendar and support day to day operations for the global Director.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Requires a minimum of 5 years' experience, directly relevant to the apparel, footwear or fashion industry
- Experience should include business/process acumen, consumer, market, trend (fashion or street wear) knowledge.
- Experience Go to Market, marketplace and insights management.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, cross functional collaborator, and relationship management
Converse is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it.Converseoffers agenerous total rewards package,casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development.
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.