Retail Training Specialist
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
- Participates in the creative idea generation, development, deployment and implementation strategies for store training program for North America retail stores.
- Work with Subject Matter Expert (SMEs) to identify training needs and overall training content for training courses. Work with SMEs to ensure critical business process content is incorporated into overall training course materials.
- Create training course outlines and overall design of training courses
- Create training materials for courses including conceptual slides, work instructions, training exercises and quick reference cards
- Create training data in the training environment to support hands-on exercises for training courses
- Deliver train-the-trainer sessions to business super users and support overall training delivery effort
- Partner with the HQ Organization Effectiveness team to ensure e-learning modules are up to date and assigned to North America retail stores appropriately.
- Maintain and update existing training documentation on the retail SharePoint site.
- Supports the reporting of store training programs, measures successes and identifies opportunities.
- Create, develop, partner and/or supply all new store openings with training materials.
- Creates, executes, manages the flow of store training feedback surveys, tracks results, measures success and identifies opportunities.
- Collaborates with cross-functional corporate and field teams to gather content and develop plans related to store initiatives, training programs and operational activities.
- Supports retail administration functions of Learning Management System (LMS)
- Bachelor's Degree, with emphasis in human resources, instructional design or education preferred
- 5-8 years of technical writing, editing and instructional design experience required
- Previous retail training experience preferred
- Change Management experience preferred
- Operation experience back of house and front of house preferred
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables while meeting deadlines and maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Experience with training documentation tools Adobe Captivate, Ancile u-Perform is preferred
- Working knowledge of MS office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Very strong oral and written communications skills
- Instructional Design experience preferred
- Strong critical-thinking, decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Ability to create succinct reports and compelling presentations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; attention to detail required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with people across departments and at all levels of organization.
- Ability to operate independently and follow general instructions.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age