Media Coordination Manager
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by MLB Advanced Media
POSITION SUMMARY: MLB seeks a Media Coordination Manager to work closely with the MLB/MiLB Engineering Operations, Enterprise Media, and Transmission Operations teams to ensure timely and accurate scheduling of programming and related live events, as well as manage any scheduling changes. Additionally, the Media Coordination Manager will be responsible for the staff that monitors quality of live media.
- Schedule and Manage live media monitoring staff.
- Work with MLB Engineering Operations to established guidelines and procedures for scheduling and Quality Control procedures.
- Track and Schedule events in provisioning systems including rescheduled or delayed events.
- Work with Engineering Operations to schedule refeeds of content.
- Establish, document, and maintain relationships with baseball clubs for scheduling and maintenance purposes.
- Notify Engineering and Operations teams of any system maintenance and expected outages, and rescheduled events accordingly
- Manage game day issues with 3rd party logging vendor
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 1 year related Commercial Traffic or Media Coordination experience is preferred.
- Technically proficient with modern operating systems on both PC and Apple products
- Technically proficient with online documentation and document repository systems (e.g. Wiki, Central Desktop, Google Docs)
- Technically proficient with online communication mediums (e.g. Slack, Hipchat)
- Experience in the television or live production industries are desirable.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and multitask proficiently.
- Experienced with media scheduling and incident management software.
- Must have a high capacity for detail; a strong ability to follow processes consistently.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Possess visual acuity sufficient to perform required tasks.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in a related field is preferred.