Sales Compensation Analyst
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
- Executes and adheres to the governance model for the sales compensation programs.
- Partners with key stakeholders to forecast plan expense and drive performance of the compensation plans through prudent plan design, ongoing review and evaluation. Partners with Senior Accountant to track % to goal totals, identify windfalls, and to report totals out to Sales Team on a monthly cadence.
- Owns distribution of all sales compensation communications, including monthly and quarterly reporting. Compiles and prepares data and presentations as required.
- Recommends, designs, executes, and reports on ancillary sales motivation programs (i. e. awards, contests, etc.) to capitalize on short-term business opportunities, address performance gaps, and further drive sales performance.
- Counsels and educates sales representatives and managers on sales plan mechanics, sales compensation design and philosophy, policy and guideline interpretations.
- Recommends system, process, and program improvements to facilitate the efficient operation and effective reporting of sales variable compensation programs and ancillary sales motivation programs.
- Keeps up on best practices for sales compensation and sales motivation. Recommends plan and program revisions that are cost effective and consistent with business objectives.
- Collaborates with sales management and the HR compensation team in the planning and design of the annual Sales Incentive Program and ancillary sales motivation programs (i. e. awards, contests, etc.) to drive sales performance. Executes special projects as assigned.
- Collaborates with the global compensation team in the annual compensation design review process, market range competitive assessment, survey submission, performance management and other programs as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, Communications, or similar field preferred; or other relevant combination of training and experience is required.
- 5-8 years professional experience in a business environment required working with compensation, sales operations, and or finance functions in a sales focused organization. Experience with SalesForce and Workday preferred.
- Solid knowledge and experience with best practices for sales compensation design and sales motivation programs.
- Solid understanding of trends in sales compensation and sales motivation mechanisms.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Content management skills: ability to edit written documentation, to compile material in an organized manner, and to communicate complex ideas or processes effectively.
- Strong Project Management skills (highly organized, excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize).
- Strong presentation skills: both creation of presentation contents, and ability to give presentations to large groups.
- Outstanding analytical skills with strong spreadsheet and Microsoft office experience.
- Ability to quickly define and execute standardized processes and enable others to do so as well. Track record of ensuring process compliance and driving improvements to standardized processes.
- Works well in a collaborative and consensus-oriented team environment.
- Must be able to maintain calm demeanor while dealing with challenging situations and timelines along with the ability to consider different solutions to a problem and choose the appropriate action.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age