Global Talent Development Manager
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by New Balance
- Contribute to the New Balance culture and business strategy through activation of specific global talent center of excellence initiatives. Enable high performance and associate growth through the design and implementation of talent development practices, experiences and programs. Consult on and facilitate organization development projects. Manage successful execution of assigned initiatives across businesses, geographies and disciplines in a way that is high-impact, relevant, and meaningful.
- Activate and continuously improve large-scale, global talent initiatives or programs such as talent assessment, succession, performance management, diversity, or leadership development.
- Manage project plans and partner with the business and HR team members to ensure desired outcomes are met.
- Partner with regional HR teams to integrate and apply globally consistent practices. Equip and engage with global tools that flex to the unique needs of the region. Consult on tailoring of programs for unique regional and local needs.
- Serve as an internal consultant on performance, talent and organization development projects. Conduct needs assessments, organization listening and provide diagnostic perspective and recommendations.
- Design, implement and influence developmental experiences for individuals, teams and organization systems in order to strengthen business capability, elevate performance, drive associate engagement and facilitate associate growth.
- Create, utilize and embed organization development tools, models, and frameworks across global talent management and talent development initiatives.
- Perform analysis of talent metrics and qualitative information to inform design, set objectives for talent initiatives and measure effectiveness.
- 7-10 years experience in talent management or related human resources function
- MBA or Master's Degree in organization development or related field
- Experience working with global teams
- Strong skills and experience in managing talent initiatives, internal consulting, facilitation, and design of learning and organization development interventions.
- Project management skills, organization skills, and strong time management skills are required Strong organization skills and a high level of detail orientation with proven project management capabilities including experience handling multiple key projects at a time
- Highly influential, engaging and persuasive in communications. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to connect to associate experience at all levels and select relevant, meaningful and exciting initiatives.
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to think strategically in a complex, ambiguous environment
- Highly collaborative with an ability to work across multiple organization levels, geographies and partner with cross-functional teams.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Stays current with trends, research and best practices in adult learning and talent development
- Certification in coaching and/or tools such as DiSC, CliftonStrengths, Insights a plus
- Experience with Workday, e-learning and blended learning technologies a plus
- Some overnight travel up to 10-15% may be required. Occasional day travel near corporate office location.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.