Jr. Apparel Graphic Designer
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Quiksilver
Contribute to the design of printable graphics for our apparel and footwear, as briefed in by global creative direction, delivering on specific account/channel/consumer needs to create channel segmentation and account differentiation. Contribute to overall design intent and art creation for the seasonal ranges.
- Create graphics for the printable categories for the Boardriders' brands regionally
- Execute prints, graphics and art inline with the vision for Boardriders' apparel and footwear global seasonal direction.
- Build and engineer yardage patterns in repeat and full tech to apply across all categories of the range, and in format for all regional and external M&D team members to apply to their specific needs
- Help to develop seasonal ranges including tech design / bom / color / visual line planning
- Design / Create into identified opportunities as architected in the range as well as bring consumer relevant ideas and concepts to the table
- Design into targeted price-points, categories and silhouettes in accordance margin requirements
- Work closely with development in reviewing prototypes, strike offs, and submits for approval for all categories from design concept to production
- Ensure that all design, artwork, prints, and fabrics for sourcing are sent in correct format with all correct information to suppliers
- Work with development and technical design to ensure that all information on Line Plan, PLM, and catalog, are all correct and up to date
- Assist in PLM management including style set-up for all styles and trims by creating and maintaining BOM's, updating style information and changes as necessary, all sample comments, and approvals
- Identifying and executing color pallet / combinations, print, graphic and art opportunities resulting in increased revenue and sell-through for the brand
- Degree in graphic design / fine arts preferred
- 2+ years in apparel graphic design, including textile design, with strong working knowledge of product design / creation / development
- Ability to create and implement brand right / consumer relevant prints, art and graphics
- Ability to identify key marketplace trends and opportunities that are consistent with brand values and design aesthetic
- Knowledge of product development process / calendar / timelines
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment
- Must be proactive with a solution / result oriented attitude
- Must have excellent communication and follow through skills
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to help design and develop compelling product that meets the required brand aesthetic, calendar timelines.
- Effective communication with internal teams and vendors/partners to insure timely delivery of accurate / quality product.
- Design and product development knowledge across accessory and footwear categories
- Knowledge of product development calendar, timelines, and deliverables
- Must be MAC computer literate in Applications - Adobe Illustrator, Word, and Excel