Human Resource Manager
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world's most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
As the Human Resources Manager for the Global Human Resources function, you'll provide human resources expertise and consulting to Human Resources employees and business leaders to maximize organization effectiveness and help activate the organization for growth.
You will work closely with key partners within HR at Nike to understand the business priorities and deliver a full spectrum of HR programs and services to build commitment, capability, and overall engagement among individuals and teams.
You'll work with HR Business Partners and your Center of Excellence (COE) partners to gather employee and marketplace insights, data and trends, which you will use to drive solutions and actions that will contribute to organizational health and the achievement of business objectives.
You will utilize a variety of methods to ensure you have a strong presence in the function that yields an "insider's" pulse on strengths, opportunities, and the overall health of the function.
You'll participate in key business planning and talent planning sessions to assess talent and develop strategies to address development needs, gaps and risks. You will play a key role in developing and/or executing strategies and interventions requiring organizational design, employee relations, leadership and team development, change management, performance management, compliance and overall engagement.
- Monitors the pulse and health of the business; assesses systemic organizational needs of the business; creates local action plans to address and facilitates change and transition management initiatives
- Provides insights on functional depth of talent; resource forecasting
- Provides coaching to Sr. leadership to enable high performing teams
- Stewards data accuracy
- Brokers HR Direct and COE Services
- Handles escalations from HR Direct or ER to resolve client queries and issues as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related area
- 5 years' relevant HR work experience; 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience as HR manager with exposure/experience in the areas of organizational effectiveness, change management, employee relations, staffing, compensation, training and development, and HR program management
- Proven capability of working with partners to develop, implement, leverage and monitor HR programs, initiatives, systems, policies, and procedures
- Experience with HR metrics and data to story tell and provide decision support
- Proven ability to calmly, confidently, and confidentially engage with management and employee relations to address opportunities and needs, as appropriate
- Monitor and address compliance issues and opportunities; ensure legal compliance
- Consumer Focused and Results Driven
- Organization awareness; perceptive in interpreting interactions among individuals and groups within the matrix structure
- Build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships and accountability at all levels
- Agility and problem solving based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Passion for Talent Development
- Excellent project management and project team leadership skills
- Strong active listening and negotiation skills
- Composure and professional maturity
- Demonstrates high level of ability to be confidential with sensitive information