Security Manager - Events
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by AEG
The Security Manager of Events is responsible for the event security operations of the Oracle Arena and Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, including but not limited to risk management, loss prevention, fire/life safety, security/safety training, investigations, budgeting, emergency preparedness, disaster prevention, and personnel management.
- Monitors the performance, conduct and attendance of security officers and supervisors assigned to the site. Responsible for the quality of the performance, conduct and effectiveness of the entire security team as a cohesive unit assigned to the site.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures and security initiatives.
- Create and maintain business relationships with stakeholders and facility partners including local, state, & federal fire & police authorities through trainings and meetings.
- Oversees credentials and proxy access; ensures the quality and accuracy of all logs and incident reports generated at the site; and creates and implements post orders for the security team on site.
- Interviews, hires and trains security officers and supervisors assigned to the site. Conducts periodic performance appraisals of officers and supervisors and handles disciplinary actions when needed.
- Develop and conduct security & safety training sessions for the arena and stadium personnel.
- Complete special projects and other assigned tasks within the guidelines and deadlines set by the Director of Security.
- Communicate and plan with tour/concert security managers, promoters and clients to understand expectations of a successfully secured event.
- Establish event needs based on tour and promoter/client expectations; staff and coordinate needs to internal department and outside agencies and vendors.
- Along with the Event Manager, oversee and manage all event security functions of back of house needs including talent and promoter movement and credentialing.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in a related field
- Previous event security experience involving concert staffing, credentialing, talent SOP, crisis management, and crowd management.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of related work experience
- Ability to lead by example
- Ability to implement and adhere to the Security Department's Prime Directives
- Thorough knowledge of CCTV, computerized access control systems, and wireless radio communication
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate, and lead the members of the security department
- Ability to effectively manage crises & work under pressure
- Ability to perform independently with minimal direct supervision.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.