Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by YMCA
The Stamford Family YMCA is looking for a dynamic, committed individual to run the Aquatics department.
YMCA of Stamford
The Aquatics Director is responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating, supervising and evaluating activities that relate to the aquatics department. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Aquatics Director at Stamford Family YMCA i ntentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also managing high-quality, member-focused aquatics programs.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- One to two years related experience preferred, i.e., aquatic coordinator or supervisor.
- Experience in water safety, swim lesson, pool management is essential.
- Must be 21years of age
- Current YMCA/Red Cross certification, Professional Rescuer CPR, AED and First Aid certification.
- Swim Instructor, Water Fitness, and Oxygen Administration (O2) certifications desired
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO), LGI, YSLI also preferred or as a priority after hire
- Several on-line training modules will be required within 30 days of hire.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications desired.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Experience in supervision, fiscal management, program development, staff and volunteer development.
- Demonstrated customer service, public relations, organizational skills, communications, computer knowledge.
- Strong human resources development skills; more particularly, hiring, training, motivating, supervising and evaluating staff.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel and volunteers as needed.
- Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Ensure staff certifications are current and keep accurate record.
- Monitor daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conduct and ensure proper maintenance of pool. Secure and schedule pool facilities. Maintain accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Oversee aquatic component of day camp and waterfront activities.
- Comply with all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Comply with all safety rules and use of all appropriate safety equipment.
- Attend aquatics safety trainings as well as other trainings identified in the professional development plan.
- Conduct life guarding, swim instruction, First Aid, and CPR trainings.
- Create and schedule swim classes and water fitness classes; direct and supervise such program activities to meet YMCA objectives.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develop and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Respond to all aquatic inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Compile program statistics. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Establish new program activities and expand programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in physical education or related field.
- First Aid, CPR and Lifeguard/Water Aerobics/Swim Instructor and Sailing Counselor certifications required.
- Pool operation and all necessary training certifications required.
Apply by Email
Resumes Accepted Until