Video Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by CBS
The Video Technology team develops industry leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News, CNET, GameSpot.com, and the entire suite of CBS Interactive sites. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work.
You'll be an integral part of the central Video Technology team working with other video QA and software engineers to build, test, and release video products for various application platforms including desktop, OTT and mobile devices. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing QA test plans, troubleshooting and resolving video playback issues. You will work closely with software engineers and product managers to test and release video products that will be distributed to all CBSI business units.
- Triaging QA and Engineering Jira tickets.
- Reviewing test plan documents and performing thorough regression testing.
- Executing web automation tests using Selenium and Appium.
- Analyzing test reports, and thoroughly documenting bugs.
- Performing manual tests.
- Executing test plans.
- Working with customers and internal engineers to troubleshoot issues.
- Standardizing regression practices across application platforms.
What you bring to the team:
- BA in computer science or relevant work experience
- 2+ years proven experience working as a software QA engineer
- Advanced technical problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience working in with agile software development
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience working in HTML, CSS, and streaming video.
- Experience using Chrome Dev Tools (or Firefox Web Inspector).
- Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AAC video and audio codec standards.
You may also have:
- Video engineering and video player experience.
- Experience with tvOS, iOS, Android, Tizen, Playstation, and Roku frameworks.
- Experience working with Android Studio and XCode.
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP.
- Experience using Jira software.
- Experience in video advertising and video analytics technology.