Lead Audio (A1)
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by
NBC Sports Group
- Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming under supervision of Director and Operations management.
- Familiarity with 5.1 surround sound, up mixing and down mixing and operation of associated support equipment.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with Production and Operations management to establish sound production practices for the delivery of content within sports, news, and topical programming.
- Become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and basic maintenance of the production audio systems including but not limited to: audio console, RTS intercom system programming, audio server, routing, RF microphones/ IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems.
- Perform daily set-up operations and continuously monitor audio levels from all sources across multiple studios to ensure consistent quality in accordance with established industry standards and guidelines.
- Pro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity of all associated audio and support equipment, notifying Operations management should either need to be replaced, repaired or ordered
Basic QualificationBachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
Five (5) years of related A1 experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred
Previous experience with SSL audio boards, RTS intercom systems & ENCO audio servers a plus
Configuration knowledge of the RTS Adam Edit communication system preferred
Knowledge of all commonly used RF and wired microphones, IFB and PL systems
Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Must be 18 years or older
Must be willing to work in New York, NY
Ability to travel as required
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Desired Characteristics Excellent interpersonal & communication skills requiredQualified applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control Excellent interpersonal & communication skills requiredProficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom computer system a plus Excellent interpersonal & communication skills requiredFamiliarity with NY sports a plus Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays