Jr Payroll Analyst
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Troon Golf
Troon Corporate office in Scottsdale, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Junior Payroll Analyst. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Provide analytical support to the payroll team, thoroughly versed in the payroll invoice process, perform reconciliations of payroll, payroll tax, and benefit accounts, perform scheduled and ad hoc reporting and is the back up for designated processes such as new hire reporting, term reports and positive pay.
Key Responsibilities of the Junior Payroll Analyst:
• Works with third party providers to ensure accurate and timely processing of international payroll.
• Processes Bi-weekly and Monthly payroll for international employees in 6 countries
• Assists in weekly and biweekly payroll and 401K processing
• Prepares payroll journal entries for the domestic and international payroll
• Ensures the bi-weekly invoice process is completed timely and accurately
• Assists with the quarterly and annual payroll tax filings and related reconciliations.
• Processes monthly GL Reconciliations for Payroll, Payroll Tax and Benefits Accounts
• Back up to generate and submit weekly New Hire reports to the state
• Back up to reconcile Garnishment and Union Dues Accounts
• Back up to generate all Workers' Comp audit reports
• Back up to generate 401(k) audit reports, pre and post payroll reconciliations
• Assists with payroll and benefits testing in Oracle
• Uploads the daily positive pay file to the bank
• Generates ad hoc reports as needed
• Documents and maintain detailed step by step procedures.
• Continually evaluates, documents and promotes efficiencies both internally and with our external vendors.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for the Junior Payroll Analyst:
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience strongly preferred; and Minimum 2 years' experience in a high volume, multistate payroll environment required.
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy required
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and transcriptions
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and discretion in the handling of confidential information
• Personable, professional demeanor, 'customer' service oriented
• Knowledge of principles and practices of accounting, payroll processing; rules, laws and requirements of operating a payroll function