Key Account Sales Manager - Primos
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Vista Outdoor
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Key Account Sales Manager is responsible for leading and managing the sales initiative for key national retail accounts in the Vista Hunt/Archery GPL (currently including Primos Hunting, Gold Tip Arrows, Bee Stinger Stabilizers, Bushnell Trail Cameras, and Final Approach Waterfowl).
This includes building and maintaining relationships with key account buyers and management, managing contracted sales personnel on key account related efforts, creating and maintaining programs with each customer to achieve predetermined goals, and executing the overall strategic sales plans for the company's largest customers.
The Key Account Manager will report to the VP of Sales and is the primary point person on all activities regarding national key accounts.
Develop and execute tailored sales strategies for our brands with Key National Accounts.
Build and maintain positive relationships with Merchants, Buyers, and executive staff of all assigned accounts.
Partner closely with entire sales team to make sure overall company objectives are being met as it relates to top line sales, gross margins, inventory management and expense budgets.
Work with sales operations and customer service teams to insure key accounts are provided with best in class service.
Budget Management - Forecast and maintain an annual budget for expenses associated with Key Accounts.
Forecasting - Work closely with Demand Planning team to provide accurate yearly, quarterly, and monthly forecasts for all key accounts.
Reporting & Analytics - Work with account analysts to track and report POS performance and identify trends quickly.
Merchandising and Promotions - Work with the customer and internal Sales and Marketing teams to create unique and innovative solutions for retail merchandising programs and in-store promotions.
E-Commerce - Work with customer and internal E-Commerce team to develop "E-tail" strategies for each key account. Work with internal marketing and E-Commerce team to ensure all needed web assets are provided to customer.
Collaborate with other Vista Key Account managers to provide unique solutions and support overall Vista initiatives.
Coordination with Product Development - Work with Product Development team members to provide unique product solutions for key accounts as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent business experience.
- 7+ years of sales experience with proven results
- 2+ years in a sales leadership role
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Proven sales experience in outdoor products or consumer products. Hunting products a plus
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently within both a corporate structure as well as a small to medium sized business environment.
- Data driven individual with the ability to deliver results and meet predetermined sales goals for each of the accounts being managed
- Ability to work as a member of cross functional teams
- Experience in Hunting/Outdoors Industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with our current products and their applications is preferred.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
Physical Requirements: Employee will be sitting the majority of the time, with some walking and standing. Manual dexterity for extensive computer work and writing. Hearing, speaking, and vision are required (with or without correction).
Mental Requirements: Must communicate effectively, without error, in verbal and written formats. Reading comprehension and extensive math skills are a requirement. Flexibility to effectively deal with a variety of people and situations and to handle interruptions and multiple tasks simultaneously. Quick thinking and problem solving to readily assimilate information. Ability to maintain tact and highly professional manners. Initiative to effectively complete tasks with little supervision. The ability to identify and appropriately handle confidential information.
Equipment Used: Telephone, smartphone, calculator, personal computer, copy machine, printer and various web technologies and platforms.
Working Environment: Work is done in an office environment. Co-worker support, guidance and reinforcement are readily available.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled