: Logility ETL Developer
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Vista Outdoor
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Logility ETL Developer will play the techno-functional Business Analyst/ETL Developer role when working with the Demand Planning unit of the business. This includes engaging the business to troubleshoot data issues, as well as managing and monitoring data flow into Logility. As a member of the IT Team, they will work and get direction from the BI team to help develop the ETL/TSQL programs needed to feed data to and from Logility. In this role, the Logility ETL Developer will work in Vista's Enterprise BI environments including the Operational Data Store and Data Warehouse.
(Experience, education, licenses, certifications, and specific knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position.)
- 4 Year college degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Prefer 3 - 5 years of experience in database development.
- Prefer back group in demand planning or supply planning functions.
(Fundamental duties necessary to achieve the objective of the position.)
- Support day to day operations of the business in Logility and Logility-related reporting.
- Work cross functionally to assess the issues/improvements related to demand and supply planning.
- Develop high performance ETL applications to cleanse and transform enterprise data using Microsoft technologies (SQL 2016, SSIS and SSRS). Modify existing ETL packages to support ongoing system and business changes.
- Participate in projects related to planning from initiation through go-live, and ensure smooth knowledge transfer to business users once the projects are live.
- Document all development, implementation, training, and technical details.
- Manage and adhere to a project plan.
- Ensure the system is up and available for all users in the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Provide solutions when requirements change related to our forecasting, Inventory, and Supply planning strategies.
- Write functional specs for interfaces into Logility and help translate into technical specification.
- Work hands-on with integration processes for the Operational Data Store and Enterprise Warehouse.
- Evaluate, determine root cause and resolve production issues.
(Knowledge, skills and abilities currently used to perform essential functions)
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices. Understanding of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including and not limited to: star schemas, ETL processes, dimensional modeling and data modeling techniques. Experience in query performance analysis, and issue detection. Strong knowledge of TSQL with a minimum of 2 years of experience in developing ETL using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Understanding of network topology.
All new job descriptions, and changes to current job descriptions, must be approved by the position manager and the Compensation Team prior to being finalized.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Life Time Fitness
Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City