Dir Retail Brand Experience
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
Own the execution of Columbia brand environment design and retail theater approach to align North America environments with our global brand strategy and global retail directives. Utilize the portfolio of environments and existing global brand directives regarding In Store Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Consumer Experience, etc. and apply appropriate in-region customization, as defined by the standards. Work closely with both the Sr. Director of Marketing, North America and the Sr. Director of Global Brand Environments to meet specific needs in DTC and wholesale environments, as well as other consumer experience settings, and deliver the highest consumer experience at the right level of investment without compromising brand standards.
- Drive the creation and execution of strategic plans to determine the look, feel, and experience in Columbia's Global Brand Environments, specifically global direct retail and channel retail store format development and management, global in-store marketing directives, visual merchandising standards, as well as the development of showrooms, tradeshow booths, and event activations.
- Work closely with Global Brand Environments leader and Region Brand Team (Director of Marketing as well as Region Brand Marketing and Key Accounts leaders) to create a seamless connection between brand strategy and consumer experience worldwide, across all retail channels.
- Ensure appropriate service level agreement is established and met when providing service to the North American DTC or Wholesale organizations.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other departments, across functions and around the world, in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Lead and appropriate manage the growth and development of a team of retail environment professionals.
- Perform other related duties to accomplish primary functions.
- Able to contribute significantly and think in omni-channel related to both sales and the consumer experience.
- 7+ years of retail marketing experience for a brand, including significant global retail environment design, innovation, and implementation, as well as at least 3 years of in-store marketing and visual merchandising responsibility.
- Experience managing multi-channel store environments including branded stores, outlets, shop-in-shops, and partner stores in the US or North America is required.
- A genuine love of the outdoors is important.
- Bachelor's degree in design, business, marketing, or related or equivalent experience required.
- Mono-branded retail, shop-in-shop, and other wholesale partner experience required.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy. Possess the ability to effectively manage competing projects/problems. Requires ability to successfully deal with work and time pressures to accomplish job requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Possess strong organizational and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Requires excellent ability to speak to and make presentations to groups of varying sizes. Possess ability to mobilize, provide direction, leadership, and follow-through with various personnel internally and with other departments in order to achieve a common objective.
- Requires excellent negotiation skills and ability to develop consensus among internal and external business partners, including senior executives.
- Job requires domestic and international travel.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age