Real Estate Analyst
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Equinox
Real Estate Analyst Overview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness.We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking an Analyst with strong modeling skills to support the Real Estate Acquisitions Team covering several aspects of new site development. The Acquisitions department is responsible for new club development, inclusive of market, site, and business plan analysis, term sheet and lease negotiation, and guiding a project through completion. The group works closely with many other departments within the company as well as with brokers, landlords, architects, engineers, contractors and subtenants.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of a years' worth experience in real estate (graduated at least in 2016) and who can start full time in the next month.
This role reports into our Director of Development and sits at our headquarters in Flatiron. If interested and qualified, please apply directly to the role online to ensure your resume is reviewed.
- Prepare initial site and market analyses including demographic reports, maps, competition reports, and general site information
- Field all prospective sites that are presented to the company
- Provide general administrative support to the department such as tracking project expenses and preparing presentations
- Various projects based on request
- Interact with brokers and other consultants
- Prepare term sheets
- Assist in lease negotiations and the creation of lease exhibits
- Prepare financial models and demographic/ psychographic analyses
- Assist in the transition from lease negotiation to design and construction
- Create real estate financial models for review and presentation
- Prepare presentations to the Board, Executive Committee and other internal committees
- Various other projects/tasks as they arise
- Strong analytical and modeling skills, must have proven experience building financial models (IRR tables, etc) from scratch using Microsoft Excel
- Must be proficient in spreadsheet preparation and manipulation
- Must have strong verbal, written, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work simultaneously with different Development Managers
- Ability to analyze data and present key findings both verbally and in written form
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must be proficient in using the Internet to search for information
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items