Immigration Program Manager
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world's most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
Talent Mobility at Nike is focused on paving the way for Nike's mobile workforce to go where our business and their careers take them. We want to fuel growth and innovation at Nike by intentionally developing and deploying our mobile workforce - ensuring the right talent capabilities in the right place at the right time. We broadly define the mobile workforce to include not only expats and domestic relocations but also any employee working outside their home location such as permanent transfers, cross-border commuters, business travelers, etc.
Talent Mobility at Nike includes Immigration, Tax and Relocation experts that work together to consult business and HR leaders on becoming increasingly more strategic and planful around how we move and retain talent around the globe.
The Immigration Program Manager is part of the Talent Mobility Strategy and Programs team within Total Rewards in HR. This position will provide strategic leadership and programmatic oversight of Nike's global Immigration program.
You'll set the vision and strategy for the program in alignment with the broader Total Rewards and Mobility strategy and ensures successful management and execution of the global program.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Strategize, design, implement, and continually improve and grow practices, processes and policies
- Stay abreast of global updates and trends in order to benchmark and develop best practices
- Collaborate with peers to identify efficiencies, recommend strategies, and ensure synergy between the relocation, tax and immigration programs
- Partner with Immigration SME's and internal stakeholders to provide guidance and support
- Manage external partner/supplier relationships
- Promote internal education by creating/developing and updating resources, process flows, and procedures for HRBP's, Recruiters, Hiring Managers, and employees
- Partner with geo teams to develop meaningful analytics and updates and its impact to Nike's mobility programs
- Drive cross-functional/cross-geo global projects to support strategic goals
- Provide people leadership to internal and external team members
- BA/BS degree required (or equivalent work experience)
- 7 + years of Immigration related experience with a global corporation
- Understanding of progressive technology, trends and best practices currently impacting Immigration
- Legal background
- Excellent project management and vendor management skills
- Self-driven, naturally curious, innovative, creative, problem solver, who is constantly incorporating technology solutions
- Ability to influence all levels of leadership and lead industry-transforming practices across all vendors
- Ability to clearly articulate complex/nuanced Immigration matters to leadership and/or stakeholders
This position offers an experienced Immigration professional with an outstanding opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our business and the lives of our employees globally!