Mgr, Global Outbound Transportation Strategy
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
Outbound transportation capabilities are a key enabler of Nike's Consumer Direct Offense (CDO). As Nike's Global Outbound Transportation Strategy Manager, you'll work closely with Geography and Functional partners to develop and deploy Nike's outbound strategies across all modes enabling our Wholesale, Retail, and E-Commerce businesses. You will collaborate with the Director of Outbound Transportation Strategy and will play a critical role in developing Nike's Key City Offenses and in unlocking a Nike-Connected Marketplace around the world. Leveraging your expertise and fostering collaboration across Nike Geography and Functional teams, you'll drive business value for Nike, our Customers, and our Consumers by ensuring differentiated capabilities and high levels of service in concert with rigorous performance management and Sustainability focus with our service providers.
- Support the development of the outbound transportation global strategy and curate the evolution of Nike's Outbound Transportation in close partnership with Geography Logistics teams and Functional partners.
- Manage tasks directed toward the advancement of Nike's Outbound Logistics Management (OLM) Network - the internal network of outbound transportation leaders and SMEs from around the world. Leverage the OLM Network to align strategic roadmaps, transfer best practices and drive process standardization globally.
- Develop and maintain deep global subject matter expertise for Outbound Transportation modes, capabilities, carriers, and service providers: Truckload, LTL, Small Parcel, and Last Mile.
- Partner with Global Procurement, Geography Transportation leaders, and cross-functional team members to develop, source, and deploy best-in-class, innovative service providers. Ensure service providers are compliant with Nike's requirements and standards.
- Partner with Global Procurement and Geographies to develop and deploy new Transportation capabilities, service offerings, technologies, business continuity/risk mitigation strategies and service providers around the world.
- Manage performance management metrics across Nike geographies and Nike's portfolio of service providers. Deploy a common set of Outbound KPIs across the Nike geographies. Leverage analytical data insights to drive cost, service, and quality improvement opportunities.
- Drive Sustainability and Lean thinking in the Outbound space, as well as advocating it across Nike's global supply chain. Establish Sustainability as a priority with our service providers and help facilitate their Sustainability journey.
- Bachelor's degree in business, international logistics, supply chain management, a technical discipline, or related field is preferred with an additional 2 years' of experience in lieu of a degree required. MBA preferred.
- 2+ years' experience within Transportation operations for a large multinational company, working in the Transportation industry or leading the Outbound Transportation function. Recent experience with retail fulfillment, e-commerce, and/or omni-channel fulfillment is strongly desired.
- Strong end to end supply chain knowledge and overall business acumen.
- Experience working within a cross-functional and virtual team (including globally/culturally diverse teams) with a proven record of delivering results in high pressure or high profile assignments. Able to work comfortably up, down and across a highly-matrixed organization to effectively drive change and deliver results the right way.
- Experience developing and deploying transportation strategies resulting in cost, service, quality, and sustainability improvements.
- Recent experience and current knowledge of Transportation systems, capabilities, and technology platforms (real-time visibility, TMS, carrier integration platforms, etc.)
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in global and domestic outbound transportation markets, service providers, and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and comfortably at multiple levels in the organization.
- The ability to "dive deep" in data when needed utilizing analytical tools and methodologies, interpreting results, and underlying trends to drive the appropriate actions.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and influencing skills. Proven organization and presentation skills and preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management or a technical discipline. MBA preferred.
- Travel up to 15% of the year, including international.