Engineering Mgr Enterprise Data & Analytics Tech
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Now, more than ever, Technology needs to respond quickly to turn market disruptions into opportunities for our world-class brand. To achieve this, we must continue to develop our Enterprise Analytics, Data Science & Machine Learning capabilities and team to ensure we're maximizing the power of the Nike enterprise in the analytics/machine learning space and managing data as a competitive advantage.
If you're ready to innovate and help lead our Enterprise Data and Analytics organization, come join us now! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a data and analytics landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
We are seeking a high performing Engineering Manager to play a critical role in the development of Nike's Enterprise Data & Analytics capabilities. You will lead the team with a focus on the development of new solutions and capabilities for Nike's supply chain analytics and data platforms.
The successful candidate is a proven leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skills.
In this role, you will be responsible for coaching developers to continuously elevate their engineering skills and to deliver innovative and high-quality solutions.
You'll lead by example, evangelize our agile culture, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. The successful candidate is a proven engineering leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- 10 years solution development and technology experience
- 5 years in a management or leadership role
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments
- Strong skills in team leadership and building positive relationships across Product and Engineering.
- Ability to influence outcomes across highly aligned, loosely coupled teams
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and architecture patterns
- Experience building distributed / cloud scalable, real time and high-performance data lake solutions (AWS preferred).
- Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
- Understanding in agile principles and the Scrum development process
- Ability to define solution options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Practical approach to solving complex problems with ambiguous requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area